Perrie Edwards, Twitter

Twitter, Karwai Tang/WireImage

Step aside, Smokey the Bear. Perrie Edwards is here to prevent arm fires.

The Little Mix singer had a terrifying experience earlier today, which she shared with all of her Twitter followers in hopes of sparking (no pun intended) some awareness and safety when it comes to dealing with fire. And the main takeaway from it is this—just don't.

Edwards shared two photos of her burnt hand on Twitter to show her injuries, along with a message explaining what went down.

"So today I had an accident…and by accident I mean I accidentally set myself on fire," she wrote and posted on the social media website.

"The pilot light on my boiler blew up and it set my arm/hand on fire. Not a pleasant experience. I'm in pain, full of blisters, there's not one hair left on my hand or arm, and it burned the sleeve of my favourite jumper. F--king nightmare. A little advice from me…STAY AWAY FROM FIRE! #StaySafeKids"

Fans were quick to comment their well wishes for a speedy recovery, with one user writing, "I'm so sorry to hear this happened to you :( hope u feel better soon babe," while another said, "oh Perrie! I'm so glad you're ok! I hope your hand gets better soon boo!"

Another fan was even ready to go to court for the singer! "bitch I'm ready to fight for you in court, we getting you compensated, claim today don't delay," they wrote. LOL!

Meanwhile, one user decided to offer a possible suggestion on what Perrie should do to prevent this from happening again:

Problem solved.

  • Share
  • Tweet
  • Share

We and our partners use cookies on this site to improve our service, perform analytics, personalize advertising, measure advertising performance, and remember website preferences. By using the site, you consent to these cookies. For more information on cookies including how to manage your consent visit our Cookie Policy.