Max Mumby/Indigo/Getty Images
by Mike Vulpo | Mon., Jan. 4, 2016 4:40 PM
Max Mumby/Indigo/Getty Images
It's time to meet a new side of Prince Charles.
Monday night marked the premiere of a new documentary titled When Ant and Dec Met the Prince. The program broadcast throughout London shined a light on the royal family member's charity work for the past several decades.
Along the way, fans even got some heartfelt moments about the Prince of Wales' sons. Without further ado, take a look at the five biggest moments from the documentary.
Ben A. Pruchnie - WPA Pool Getty Images
1. Christmas Shenanigans: Prince William was able to reminisce about how his father handled a holiday play. As soon as a pyrotechnic explosion went off at the wrong moment, Prince Charles could barely carry on as the narrator. "He couldn't stop laughing the whole way through the production," he shared. "Several times I'd stop…I'd cast an eye across, like you know, a big death stare, and then I'd try and get back to my lines, it was terrible."
2. Fatherhood Feels: Kate Middleton's husband managed to discuss life as a proud parent to two kids. "I'm a lot more, um, I'm a lot more emotional than I used to be," he shared in the ITV doc. "I never used to really kind of sort of get too wound up or worried about things but now, the smallest things, I can feel, you well up a little bit more and you get affected by the sort of things that happen around the world."
3. Power of Giving: In the past 40 years, The Prince's Trust has helped more than 825,000 people. "You can't deny that the work he's done with The Prince's Trust," co-host Ant shared. "It just works, he's helped people, he continues to help people and good for him." Declan added, "There are those that will say he was born into this position of privilege and he can't possibly empathize with the normal man on the street and the issues that face the ordinary man, but I think he can."
4. Breaking Free: Despite the undeniable success, Prince Charles makes it clear that some were hesitant to jump on board. "Just getting The Trust off the ground was quite difficult," he explained. "We had to overcome all these people who didn't see the point."
5. Don't Stop, Won't Stop: When discussing the evolution of The Prince's Trust, Prince Charles realizes that you can never stop looking ahead. "You have to keep ahead of the game all the time, you can't just sit back and say, ‘Done a marvelous job,' because that's how all sorts of organizations fold," he explained. "Because you become absolutely static, when in fact you need to be constantly thinking and aware of issues that are arising to try and make sure you are relevant."
Love all things royals? Perhaps you'll love our scripted series The Royals airing Sunday nights at 10 p.m. only on E!
This content is available customized for our international audience. Would you like to view this in our US edition?
This content is available customized for our international audience. Would you like to view this in our Canadian edition?
This content is available customized for our international audience. Would you like to view this in our UK edition?
This content is available customized for our international audience. Would you like to view this in our Australian edition?
Dieser Inhalt ist für internationale Besucher verfügbar. Möchtest du ihn in der deutschen Version anschauen?
This content is available customized for our international audience. Would you like to view this in our German edition?
Une version adaptée de ce contenu est disponible pour notre public international. Souhaitez-vous voir ça dans notre édition française ?
This content is available customized for our international audience. Would you like to view this in our French edition?