by Gabi Duncan | Sun., Jan. 3, 2016 8:00 PM
Mayhem, murders and mystery reigned supreme on Sunday night's all-new episode of The Royals!
The truth about Dominique Stewart's murder was finally revealed and it was shock for the entire family, to say the least. Meanwhile, Prince Liam began to show his true colors whereas King Cyrus tried (and failed) to control his emotions over Violet's disappearance and devised a sneaky and surprising plan to prevent Queen Helena from stealing the throne.
Recap the latest episode with these 7 OMG moments!
1. King Cyrus attacks Queen Helena with the Great Sword of State: After Violet disappears, King Cyrus takes a bunch of drugs to cope with his loss and then threatens Queen Helena with a sword until she tells him where Violet is. He holds the weapon precariously close to her throat while she's lying in bed and loudly demands answers. "You tell the truth or you won't live to see another lying, cheating day!" Cyrus shouts. While Helena struggles, he continues his attack until The Grand Duchess, Helena's mother, saunters into the bedroom to break up the fight. She knocks him out by breaking a vase over his head and then says, "People are sleeping for god's sakes!" LOL!
2. Princess Eleanor fails to get answers from her mom about Domino: After Prince Liam tells Eleanor he suspects their mom is murderer, she decides to ask Queen Helena directly about Dominique Stewart because they had a great time the day before for her birthday. However, when Eleanor shows her the old photo of Domino and her father, Helena lies and says she doesn't know the girl. Eleanor can tell that her mom is being dishonest and walks away disappointed. When she returns to her bedroom, she tells Liam his hunch was correct. "The bitch did it," she says.
3. The Grand Duchess reveals she murdered Dominique Stewart by poisoning her horse: Prince Liam and Princess Eleanor join forces to confront Queen Helena about Dominique's death 30 years ago. "It's time to tell us the truth," Liam says, before they accuse her of killing Simon's love to take the throne. Helena adamantly defends herself, but her kids are not buying it. Amongst all the chaos and shouting comes the most stunning revelation of all. "I did it!" the Grand Duchess announces from the doorway. "And you two spoiled brats should thank me for it!" Whoa!
4. Ted Pryce tells Cyrus that Violet is most likely dead: When Cyrus recruits Ted to investigate Violet's disappearance, he comes back with some rather devastating news: They found her vehicle abandoned on the side of the road! "Your Majesty, there was blood in the vehicle and no sign of Violet," Ted tells him. But is she really gone forever?!
5. Prince Liam reaches out to Dominique 2.0 to make amends: After learning the horrible truth about his family's past, Liam reaches out to Dominique Stewart's niece once more and invites her to the palace to try to mend his grandmother's terrible deed. He shows her to his bedroom and tells her, "It occurs to me if things had been just, this might have been your room and because I assume over the years you've developed an image of who we are and how we are. Maybe this will help you let go of it."
"My perception of you is not only framed by my father, but also by whatever you've allowed us to see," she replies. "The world only knows you after the press agents and publicists and image consultants have neatly packaged you for the masses." She asks him to show the world who he really is by letting her film him in a candid interview that eventually goes viral online.
6. The Grand Duchess reveals she also poisoned Violet: Granny's victims just keep piling up! When King Cyrus accuses her of poisoning Violet because she was coming too close to the throne, she also owns up to the potential murder. "She was a maid for god's sakes!" she says. "You were going to marry a maid. That's pathetic." But, not so fast, Gran…
7. King Cyrus drops a marriage bombshell: Cyrus ends up getting the last laugh after The Grand Duchess mocks his relationship with Violet. "I loved Violet and I always will," he says. "But that's not who I plan to marry." He then opens the door to reveal Prudence, the former palace maid who he knocked up. "The engagement ring is for the mother of my son, the heir to the throne," he reveals. "Congratulations. You killed the wrong maid, bitch." Well, we didn't see that coming!
Watch an all-new episode of The Royals next Sunday at 10 p.m., only on E!
This content is available customized for our international audience. Would you like to view this in our US edition?
This content is available customized for our international audience. Would you like to view this in our Canadian edition?
This content is available customized for our international audience. Would you like to view this in our UK edition?
This content is available customized for our international audience. Would you like to view this in our Australian edition?
Dieser Inhalt ist für internationale Besucher verfügbar. Möchtest du ihn in der deutschen Version anschauen?
This content is available customized for our international audience. Would you like to view this in our German edition?
Une version adaptée de ce contenu est disponible pour notre public international. Souhaitez-vous voir ça dans notre édition française ?
This content is available customized for our international audience. Would you like to view this in our French edition?