by Cameron Steurer | Tue., Nov. 17, 2015 12:37 PM
Who doesn't adore Rachel McAdams? Hint: it's a trick question, because everyone loves her. Everyone.
She totally rocked her roles in films like The Notebook and Sherlock Holmes, but our personal favorite just has to be her role as queen bee Regina George in Mean Girls. Come on, people. How can you possibly ignore her perfect portrayal of what was probably your worst nightmare going into high school? So much drama. So much attitude. So much cunning. So much… pink. In honor of the actress' birthday today, we've collected a few of our favorite Regina quotes, many of which we do not suggest that you take for serious life advice. Or do. Whatever.
1. "At least you guys can wear halters. I have man shoulders."
What's with all the hate on broad shoulders? Wait a second. Some of us have man shoulders. Does that mean we can't wear halter tops? Of course not. Silly Regina, halters are for man shoulders.
2. "I know she's kind of socially retarded and weird, but she's my friend… so, just promise me you won't make fun of her."
Definitely not the nicest way to tell someone to step off your bff's case, but hey, at least she's defending Cady, right? Wrong. Context, folks. This is where she screws Cady over by telling Aaron Samuels that she's a stalker freak. Would not recommend doing this unless you want to be (rumoredly) pushed in front of a bus.
3. "Jason, you do not come to a party at my house with Gretchen and then scam on some poor, innocent girl right in front of us three days later...so you can go shave your back now."
OK, we can totally back her up on this one. It's like, the rules of feminism! Even Regina knows better than to let some sleaze ball step all over one of her friends.
4. "Whatever, I'm getting cheese fries."
This is the point at which we realized that Regina is, in fact, our spirit animal. You can't say no to cheese fries. It's the most holy combination of food known to man, right after those crazy brownie things that you make with brownies, cookie dough and hopefully an Oreo or two.
5. Regina: "You know Aaron really does like you. He's always talking about how unusual you are and it really pissed me off. Like this one time, I got this really expensive doll house from Germany, but I never played with it. So my mom wanted to give it to my cousin. But even though I didn't want it..."
Cady: "You begged your mom to let you keep it?"
Regina: "No. I threw it down the stairs."
Because of course she did. And if presented with the same opportunity, we would hope that you would take the moral high ground. You know, instead of throwing the hot guy down the stairs so no other girl can have him?
6. "Why do you wear your hair like that? Your hair looks so sexy pushed back. Cady, will you please tell him his hair looks sexy pushed back."
Hey, everyone on the planet: your hair looks sexy pushed back.
7. "Boo, you whore!"
OK, Regina. Where is all this aggression coming from? Just because someone doesn't want to hang out with you doesn't make them a "whore." Please sign up for some anger management classes immediately.
8. "OK, I'm going to forgive you because I'm a very Zen person. And I'm on a lot of pain medication right now."
Props to Regina for taking a baby step towards being a better person! Of course, pain meds can make anything pleasant. Even the school bitch.
9. "Get in, loser, we're going shopping."
If you deny that you've ever pulled over and said this to one of your friends, then you're even more of a liar than Cady is.
10. "Is butter a carb?"
Yes. Always yes. Butter makes everything better forever and always.
This content is available customized for our international audience. Would you like to view this in our US edition?
This content is available customized for our international audience. Would you like to view this in our Canadian edition?
This content is available customized for our international audience. Would you like to view this in our UK edition?
This content is available customized for our international audience. Would you like to view this in our Australian edition?
This content is available customized for our international audience. Would you like to view this in our Asia edition?
Dieser Inhalt ist für internationale Besucher verfügbar. Möchtest du ihn in der deutschen Version anschauen?
This content is available customized for our international audience. Would you like to view this in our German edition?
Une version adaptée de ce contenu est disponible pour notre public international. Souhaitez-vous voir ça dans notre édition française ?
This content is available customized for our international audience. Would you like to view this in our French edition?