This is either the best news in a very long time for TV fans...Or the cruelest trick that has ever been played on anyone ever.
The Happy Endings writers/producers just tweeted out a link to a You Tube video of this...
Yup. Vivaldi's "Four Seasons." Get it? Four seasons? Fourth season? This after a few other cryptic tweets counting down to April 1, and promising that #wintercomestwice.
Here's precisely what we know about what's happening with this hit-canceled ABC series, which was produced by Sony.
- Netflix isn't doing anything with Happy Endings, per the reps.
- Amazon isn't doing anything with Happy Endings, per the reps.
- Yahoo isn't doing anything with Happy Endings, per the reps.
- ABC sources don't know about anything happening with Happy Endings.
- TBS hasn't commented.
- Sony has "no comment."
Our DREAM scenario? That Happy Endings is actually getting a fourth season. Possibly somewhere like TBS. (Dare we dream? Yeah, we probably shouldn't...)
The most LIKELY scenario? The writers are messing with us and/or working on a one-night live show in Pally's living room or something. (Though we'll take it. If we're invited.)
While we wait, and pull out all our hair and eat it, let's take a look at what we know about the cast's availability:
- Adam Pally: Just left The Mindy Project. Has his own production company and development deal with ABC.
- Damon Wayans Jr: Just left New Girl.
- Casey Wilson: Starring in Marry Me (future unknown), Hot Wives season two, baby on the way.
- Eliza Coupe: USA show Benched was just canceled.
- Elisha Cuthbert: On NBC's new comedy One Big Happy.
- Zachary Knighton: On Fox's upcoming Weird Loners.