Brainstorm: What comes to mind when you hear healthy food? Is it a dressing-free kale salad? A raw-food menu? Or those frozen low-fat ready-made meals? Well if that's the case, then prepare for a tasty surprise!
With the new year, it's time to cut back on your holiday treats and embrace healthier fare for a change. But that doesn't mean cutting out flavor altogether—you still have taste buds, after all. And for a little boost to get us on track, we've got celebrity chef and author Rocco DiSpirito giving us a definitive ranking of the best healthy cookbooks on the market that pack on the flavor while helping shed the pounds!
And trust us, Dispirito knows his way around the kitchen. His celebrity clientele include the likes of Kris Jenner, Sherri Shepherd and Whoopi Goldberg, plus he's got a wildly successful Now Eat This! cookbook franchise that focuses on giving your favorite eats a healthy makeover. And an added bonus: The celeb chef is weighing in on his favorite weight-loss apps to kick start your weight loss, too!
Check out Rocco's top ranked health & wellness books and apps for the new year, and be sure to check out his latest cookbook, Cook Your Butt Off!: Lose Up to a Pound a Day with Fat-Burning Foods and Gluten-Free Recipes, hitting shelves on Feb. 17.
Top 10 Best Healthy Cookbooks to Start 2015 Right:
3. Eat Q: Unlock the Weight-Loss Power of Emotional Intelligence by Susan Albers
4. The Metabolic Effect Diet: Eat More, Work Out Less, and Actually Lose Weight While You Rest by Jade and Keoni Teta
5. Total Body Transformation: Lose Weight Fast-and Keep It Off Forever! by Michelle Bridges
6. The Whole Life Nutrition Cookbook: Over 300 Delicious Whole Foods Recipes, Including Gluten-Free, Dairy-Free, Soy-Free, and Egg-Free Dishes by Tom Malterre and Ali Segersten
7. Cavewomen Don't Get Fat: The Paleo Chic Diet for Rapid Results by Esther Blum