Paris Jackson


Amid reports that child-welfare services are investigating Paris Jackson's home situation after her alleged attempted suicide, E! News has learned that her coguardian, cousin T.J. Jackson, does not live in the family's Calabasas, Calif., home with her and her brothers.

That revelation has prompted questions as to whether or not the kids have been left unsupervised, leading to Paris' meltdown that landed her in the hospital Wednesday.

Regarding T.J., a source tells E! News that he moved away a while ago, leaving the bulk of the supervision apparently to 83-year-old matriarch Katherine Jackson.

"He has never lived there, only would stay there a lot. Lately he doesn't even do that," said the insider.

A separate source meanwhile told us that T.J. has been visiting the teens at the house two to three times a week.

As for the probe, the source added that officials with the Department of Children and Family Services visit the Jackson family compound regularly—which is normal for a court-appointed guardian situation—and expressed surprise that this was even news.

The insider noted it's routine for the DCFS to investigate following a suicide attempt in that kind of environment—though the source couldn't confirm that investigators dropped by the residence yesterday as has been reported.

A rep for DCFS could not be reached for comment.

Aside from Paris and her brothers, Prince Michael and Blanket, E! News confirms that members of the family also living there include Katherine, her nephew Trent Jackson, and various nannies and security guards.

A source also told us that while Katherine "is there for the kids physically…she can't provide emotionally for Paris."

"After raising all her kids, then Jermaine and Randy's kids, I think with her age, it's hard for her. She does well with Prince and Blanket, but Paris is a different type of girl."

As we previously reported, Paris had been trying to reconnect with mother Debbie Rowe before her meltdown. But our source revealed that since her suicide attempt, things haven't been going well and Paris got into a huge fight with Debbie at the hospital.

"Paris told her she didn't want her to come back to the hospital again," said the source. "If Debbie comes back to the hospital today then that's a sign that Debbie wants to be there for her."

The source added that Paris' hospital stay could also last a lot longer than she realizes, given the fragile condition in which she was admitted after reportedly downing a bottle of Motrin and slashing her wrists.

"Paris doesn't know it yet, but she's probably going to be there for more than 72 hours," said the source. "And when she finds out, she's going to be upset."

—Additional reporting by Ken Baker

  • Share
  • Tweet
  • Share

We and our partners use cookies on this site to improve our service, perform analytics, personalize advertising, measure advertising performance, and remember website preferences. By using the site, you consent to these cookies. For more information on cookies including how to manage your consent visit our Cookie Policy.