by Jenna Mullins | Mon., Mar. 19, 2012 1:58 PM
So what if The Walking Dead's second season just ended last night? That doesn't mean we can't obsess over all the season-three spoilers we got during the record-breaking (9 million viewers, wowzers!) finale.
Plus, we take a look at other plot points and characters that are confirmed for season three, and we're going to speculate on some burning Walking Dead questions that left us hanging. Warning: There be spoilers ahead!
1. Meet Michonne! Last night when the audience thought that Andrea (Laurie Holden) was done for, along came a sword-wielding, chained-up-zombie-dragging cloaked bad ass to the rescue. Hello, Michonne, one of the comic book's favorite characters. Right after the episode aired, executive producer Robert Kirkman announced that Treme actress Danai Gurira will be playing the pivotal role in season three.
2. The Governor Cometh: The big bad villain will appear for the first time in season three, and David Morrissey has already been cast as The Governor/Brian Blake. He leads a small settlement of survivors against Rick and his gang. And if you're a fan of the graphic novels, then you know just how bad The Governor can get. Surely this character addition is one of the most anticipated storylines of season three.
3. The Gang's New Home: "There's gotta be a place not just where we hole up," Rick said to the group in Sunday's episode. "Where we fortify, hunker down, pull ourselves together and build a life for each other. We just have to find it!" Well, as we saw in the final seconds of the finale, that location just might be West Central Prison, or just The Prison. That's where the group will be for most of season three.
4. More Discoveries About the Virus: We finally discovered the secret Rick was keeping since leaving the CDC: Everyone is infected. You don't have to get bitten or scratched to become a zombie! Hopefully in season three we get more answers about the virus plaguing humanity, but don't expect too much. "I like our characters being in the dark," says executive producer Glen Mazzara. "It's actually more exciting when our characters don't know what's going on and don't know if they'll ever be safe again." Another burning question we need answered: What was that helicopter that led the zombie pack to the farm?
5. Glenn and Maggie Sittin' in a Tree: One of the few bright spots of Sunday's bloodbath of a finale was Glenn finally telling Maggie he loved her. Maybe we'll see their relationship bloom even more in the third season? Surely the writers won't ignore that moment between them for long.
How is season three shaping up, TWD fans? Which storyline are you most excited for?
PHOTOS: The Walking Dead's OMG Moments!