Tila Tequila

LRR/Fame Pictures

Tila Tequila is on the mend after experiencing one serious health scare.

The 30-year-old pint-size reality star suffered a near-fatal brain aneurysm that left her hospitalized last week, sources close to Tequila tell E! News.

The aneurysm was apparently discovered after paramedics responded to an "attempted suicide" call placed by Tila's roommate, who claimed the starlet had overdosed on pills. It's unclear if the drug caused the aneurysm or if it was a tragic simultaneous onslaught to her system.

"Tila continues to recover and is doing better," her manager told E! News. "We ask that her privacy is respected during this difficult time."

"Tila is in a wheelchair right now, as she is very weak," the manager added.

As for what went down, a source tells E! News that Tequila was found slipping in and out of consciousness by her male roommate, who quickly phoned 911 and reported the situation as an attempted suicide.

The Los Angeles Fire Department responded to the call on Feb. 29 at 1:30 a.m. According to the LAFD, one rescue ambulance was dispatched and transported a patient to a local hospital. They declined to reveal the age, gender or patient's condition.

"When they arrived she was incoherent, the roommate told the police she had been trying to kill herself all week," a source told E! News. "She had taken two bottles of pills. She was rushed to the hospital via ambulance. She had an aneurysm, but I'm not sure if it was a result of taking the pills."

Despite earlier reports that Tequila had smashed her own bedroom window in an attempt to jump out of the house, the source said that was not true and that no windows were broken.

"I did call the police last night because I showed up at her home and saw a screen off of a window and the window left wide open," her manager tells E! News. "I thought someone could have broken in. I also could not reach her and was a bit worried. Yes, the police contacted me and told me they spoke to her on the phone and she was OK."

Tequila was released from the hospital Monday. Here's to a speedy recovery.

  • Share
  • Tweet

We and our partners use cookies on this site to improve our service, perform analytics, personalize advertising, measure advertising performance, and remember website preferences. By using the site, you consent to these cookies. For more information on cookies including how to manage your consent visit our Cookie Policy.