For starters, he wasn't in a boy band.
What else do we know about Eric Johnson, Jessica Simpson's new fiancé?
We've done some digging on the former footballer since the two hooked up in May, and here are five things we think you should know about her soon-to-be hubby:
1. He's a Yale Graduate: He's got an Ivy League brain and a football bod. Armed with a degree from Yale, where he also played wide receiver for the football team, we're sure Johnson won't have a hard time finding a post-football job—that is, if Simpson makes him get one. His main gig has been playing sidekick to the star since they hooked up last spring.
2. His Brief Pro Football Career Was Respectable: After graduating Yale, Johnson, a tight end, was drafted by the San Francisco 49ers in the 2001 draft. In 2004, his best season, he made 82 catches for the 49ers. In 2007, he signed a one-year contract with the New Orleans Saints. He was let go in 2008 and has been out of football since.
3. He Skipped Wharton to Be With Jess: Johnson was set to attend the prestigious Wharton School of the University of Pennsylvania this September, but derailed his MBA plans after spending the summer with Jess.
"He visited campus in April and was planning on starting in fall," one student at the school tells E! News. "But in August when classes started, he didn't show up. That is a pretty big decision not to come because admissions doesn't let you defer without good reasons. If they didn't let him defer, he would have to reapply for next year."
4. He's From Baaaahston and Is Freshly Divorced: Well, Needham, Mass., a Beantown suburb. He's also been married before, to stylist Keri Johnson, who he was with for five years. To his credit, they were separated before he hooked up with Simpson, so she's no homewrecker. Johnson's rep denies Simpson was the reason, but we say the timing's sure odd, no? A source tells E! that Johnson's unemployment has made some of the singer's friends "suspicious" of him.
5. Eric May Be Behind the Paves-Simpson Fallout: After failing to show at both her birthday vacay and her denim debut in New York, we discovered Ken and his Barbie had a major fight and were no longer BFFs. According to a source close to Simpson, she and Paves have a history of disliking each other's partners and according to a source close to Paves, Eric is just "a big jock that Ken never warmed to." Looks like this gal chose some sweet diamond and ruby Neil Lane finger bling over a blowout. And a source tells E! News that the singer desperately wants a baby, so expect a wedding sooner than later.