When a reality-TV family consists of one husband, four wives, 16 children and one super-sized investigation, it's not easy to narrow it all down to just five things.
But we did it. Read on for everything you need to know about Kody Brown and his Sister Wives....
1. A Veritable Who's Who: Kody and first (and only legal) wife, Meri Brown, have been married for 20 years and have a daughter Mariah, 14. Kody's kids with second wife Janelle are Logan, 15; Madison, 14; Hunter, 13; Garrison, 11; Gabriel, 8; and Savanah, 5. He and wife No. 3, Christine, who apparently had more time to read about the Crusades and stuff while pregnant, are parents to Aspyn, 14; Mykelti, 13; Paedon, 11; Gwenelyn, 8; Ysabel, 6; and Truely (still in mom's belly when the show premiered Sunday). Newest wife Robyn has three children of her own. Season one's dramatic arc will follow Kody as he courts Robyn Sullivan and brings her into the fold.
2. The Fundamentals: The Browns are indeed fundamentalist Mormons, just like the folks on Big Love. They live in Lehi, Utah., named after a prophet in the Book of Mormon, aka the sacred text of the Church of Latter Day Saints. As of the 2000 census, Lehi's population was 19,028, though the Browns have upped that number significantly. Fun fact: The family-run Lehi Roller Mills is none other than the very factory where Kevin Bacon got his aerial on during the solo dance scene in Footloose.
3. Money Matters: The Real Housewives aren't the only ones with financial troubles. Kody and Meri filed for bankruptcy in 2005 in Cheyenne, Wyo. In 2008, Kody added Meri's name to the deed of the Lehi home he owned with second wife Janelle.
4. Locked and Loaded: Now that they've gone Hollywood, TLC-style, father heads up Kody Brown Family Entertainment for their public persona-building purposes. But up until 2004, Kody was president of Das Hundhaus Firearms and Accessories, according to public records. (Was he in the Dog House when he named that company?)
5. Sister Suffragettes?: Kody last voted in 2008, and probably not for Barack Obama, as he is a registered Republican. No voting records popped up for Meri, Janelle or Christine in the state of Utah, which is unfortunate, but perhaps they really were just too busy with the children to hit up their local polling station.
—Additional reporting by Claudia Rosenbaum
Check out The Soup's take on Sister Wives right here.