One of the alleged ringleaders of the so-called Burglar Bunch just
stole bought himself some time.
While Nicholas Prugo was expected to enter a plea for his role in the A-list thefts in court this morning, he instead was granted a postponement to his arraignment, and will now fess up—or, in his case, not fess up—on Dec. 2.
Prugo's attorney, Sean G. Erenstoft, told E! News that the 18-year-old will plead not guilty to the host of felony charges he faces for his role in allegedly ripping off Lindsay Lohan, Paris Hilton, Rachel Bilson, Orlando Bloom, Megan Fox and others.
And while he's keen to promote his client's innocence, he requested the delay to ensure that Prugo—now out on $100,000 bail—will be the last of the suspects to enter a plea, a move he hopes will help distance the teen from his alleged coconspirators. As will his motion for severance, should it be approved.
"Sometimes when your accuser has a Fifth Amendment right to remain silent, you have a conflict," Erenstoft said, insisting that Prugo's rights were breached last week with the accidental release of what should have been a sealed affidavit in the case. In the document, Prugo wasn't shy about detailing the burglaries and otherwise pointing fingers at his pals.