Sure, it ain't Oscar material, but a certain vampire flick definitely delivered the goods at the
Twilight Choice Teen Choice Awards.
Twilight sucked up 11 of the 12 surfboards it was up for, even smacking down the Academy Award-winning Slumdog Millionaire for Choice Drama. Pretty much everyone except the Twilight key grip carried home hardware, led by Robert Pattinson's four surfboards, including Choice Actor, Drama (yes, Kristen Stewart was Choice Actress) and Male Hottie.
But Pattz wasn't all that. He actually lost the overall trophy tally to Miley Cyrus, who accounted for a half-dozen Teen Choice Awards, including Choice Music/Dance Movie Actress and the oh-so-prestigious Hissy Fit.
Ms. Montana also had the honor of presenting the night's biggest award, the Ultimate Choice, to Britney Spears, declaring herself a "huge fan" of the Britster before bestowing the prize.
But wait, there's more...
The Jonas Brothers proved a triple threat, as hosts of the ceremony at Hollywood's Gibson Amphitheater, opening performers (with a shriek-inducing "Much Better") and one of the big winners, with a quintet of surfboards. (Little bro Frankie even rated a trophy for Breakout TV Star.)
Among the other top winners, fellow Disneyfied stars Zac Efron and Selena Gomez each tallied three awards, while Gossip Girl and Hanna Montana dominated the TV categories with four awards apiece, including Choice Drama and Comedy, respectively.
Also a special shout-out to E!'s own Chelsea Handler, whose Chelsea Lately beat back some major competition to win Choice Late-Night Show, and prompted her to crack, "I'm always honored to be included in anything that involves the Jonas Brothers and their rings."
In a new category, Ellen DeGeneres was named Choice Twit for her mad Twitter skills. We're sure she'll tweet about that…..or Kathy Griffin's date (Levi Johnston) later tonight.
With a whopping 88 surfboards presented (89 counting Britney's honorary prize), the ceremony will require some serious editing before airing in TV-friendly format Monday night at 8 p.m. on Fox.
exhausting exhaustive list of every single winner at the 2009 Teen Choice Awards:
- Drama: Twilight
- Comedy: Night at the Museum: Battle of the Smithsonian
- Action/Adventure: X-Men Origins: Wolverine
- Horror/Thriller: Friday the 13th
- Bromantic Comedy: Marley & Me
- Chick Flick: 27 Dresses
- Music/Dance: High School Musical 3: Senior Year
- Summer Movie, Drama: My Sister's Keeper
- Summer Movie, Comedy: Up
- Summer Movie, Romance: The Proposal
- Summer Movie, Action/Adventure: Harry Potter and the Half-Blood Prince
- Actor, Drama: Robert Pattinson, Twilight
- Actress, Drama: Kristen Stewart, Twilight
- Actor, Action/Adventure: Hugh Jackman, X-Men Origins: Wolverine
- Actress, Action/Adventure: Jordana Brewster, Fast & Furious
- Actor, Comedy: Zac Efron, 17 Again
- Actress, Comedy: Anne Hathaway, Bride Wars
- Actress, Music/Dance: Miley Cyrus, Hannah Montana: The Movie
- Actor, Music/Dance: Zac Efron, High School Musical 3: Senior Year
- Summer Movie Star, Male: Shia LaBeouf, Transformers: Revenge of the Fallen
- Summer Movie Star, Female: Megan Fox, Transformers: Revenge of the Fallen
- Villain: Cam Gigandet, Twilight
- Fresh Face, Male: Taylor Lautner, Twilight
- Fresh Face, Female: Ashley Greene, Twilight
- Hissy Fit: Miley Cyrus, Hannah Montana: The Movie
- Liplock: Kristen Stewart and Robert Pattinson, Twilight
- Rumble: Robert Pattinson vs. Cam Gigandet, Twilight
- Rock Star Moment: Zac Efron, 17 Again
- Drama: Gossip Girl
- Comedy: Hannah Montana
- Action/Adventure: Heroes
- Animated Show: SpongeBob SquarePants
- Reality: The Hills
- Reality Competition: American Idol
- Actor, Drama: Chace Crawford, Gossip Girl
- Actress, Drama: Leighton Meester, Gossip Girl
- Actor, Action/Adventure: Tom Welling, Smallville
- Actress, Action/Adventure: Hayden Panettiere, Heroes
- Actor, Comedy: Jonas Brothers, Jonas
- Actress, Comedy: Miley Cyrus, Hannah Montana
- Breakout Show: Jonas
- Breakout Star, Female: Demi Lovato, Sonny With a Chance
- Breakout Star, Male: Frankie Jonas, Jonas
- Male Reality/Variety Star: Adam Lambert, American Idol
- Female Reality/Variety Star: Lauren Conrad, The Hills
- Villain: Ed Westwick, Gossip Girl
- Fab-u-lous: Jay Alexander, America's Next Top Model
- Sidekick: Emily Osment, Hannah Montana
- Late Night Show: Chelsea Lately
- Parental Unit: Billy Ray Cyrus, Hannah Montana
- Summer TV Show: Princess Protection Program
- Summer TV Star, Female: Selena Gomez, Princess Protection Program
- Summer TV Star, Male: Daren Kagasoff, The Secret Life of the American Teenager
- Male Artist: Jason Mraz
- Female Artist: Taylor Swift
- Rap Artist: Kanye West
- R&B Artist: Beyoncé
- Rock Group: Paramore
- Breakout Artist: David Archuleta
- Album, Male Artist: Jason Mraz, We Sing, We Dance, We Steal Things
- Album, Female Artist: Taylor Swift, Fearless
- Music Single: Miley Cyrus, "The Climb"
- Hook-Up: Lady Gaga and Colby O'Donis, "Just Dance"
- Love Song: David Archuleta, "Crush"
- R&B Track: Beyoncé, "Single Ladies"
- Rap/Hip-Hop Track: Black Eyed Peas, "Boom Boom Pow"
- Rock Track: Paramore, "Decode"
- Soundtrack: Twilight
- Tour: Demi Lovato and David Archuleta
- Summer Song: Jonas Brothers and Miley Cyrus, "Before the Storm"
- Male Athlete: David Beckham
- Female Athlete: Shawn Johnson
- Male Action Sports Athlete: Ryan Sheckler
- Female Action Sports Athlete: Stephanie Gilmore
- Male Hottie: Robert Pattinson
- Female Hottie: Megan Fox
- Twit (Twitterer): Ellen DeGeneres
- Web Star: Fred
- Activist: Hayden Panettiere
- Red Carpet Fashion Icon, Female: Selena Gomez
- Red Carpet Fashion Icon, Male: Jonas Brothers
- Comedian: George Lopez
- Celebrity Pet: Bo, the Obamas' dog
- Video Game: Rock Band 2
- Celebrity Baby: Honor Marie Warren, daughter of Jessica Alba and Cash Warren
- Celebrity Dancer: Selena Gomez
- Ultimate Choice Award: Britney Spears
(Originally published Aug. 10, 2009, at 10 p.m. PT)
See what the Twilight stars had to tell us on the red carpet in the video clips below.
Pretty people in pretty clothes with giant surfboards. Check out the Teen Choice winners gallery now.