Crafty vamps! While thousands of Twilight fans camped outside the San Diego Convention Center this morning waiting for today's Comic-Con panel, the stars of the upcoming New Moon staged an off-campus press conference to chat up the cameras.
On the scene were Robert Pattinson, Kristen Stewart and Taylor Lautner, returning to the Con, where last year they caused not quite such a stir with their little vampire-werewolf-moody girl love story.
"[New Moon was] one of the more relaxing jobs I've ever done," R.Pattz dishes on the new flick. "All the pressure was on Taylor."
What else? More scoop from this morning's li'l Twi-Con:
• First of all, forget those rumors. Pattinson says he will not be singing any tracks on the New Moon soundtrack. Clear on that?
• Taylor admits he's very tired of one request from the press: "To growl...I'm asked that more by fans. I don't enjoy doing that."
• Kristen and Taylor admit their favorite scene from the upcoming New Moon is when they break up—as friends! (Rob jokes it's his fave, too.)
• When asked how she's changed since last year's Comic-Con, Kristen says: "I cut my hair." OK, so what about Bella, how's she changed? "It's a more mature part," she says. "She's older. She has more to deal with."
• For his meatier role in New Moon, Taylor gained 30 pounds—of muscle! And he says the werewolves definitely step up the mayhem in the sequel: "There's double the action."
• How has Pattz changed? "When I'm walking down the street," he says, "I look down a lot more often." Oh, sad!
• One more, you guys. What's your fave of the books? Taylor: Eclipse. Stewart and R.Pattz both give it up for New Moon. What, no Breaking Dawn fans? Anywhere? At all?
Anyway! We'll have full coverage of this afternoon's panel, with new footage and more details, soon!
Get your Comic-Con on in our total live coverage!