Octomom Son Scarfs "Volcano," Fireman Sees Photo Op

Nadya Suleman does the right thing; paramedics, not so much

By Jefferson Reid Jul 18, 2009 2:52 PMTags
Nadya SulemanThompsett, Wordley, PacificCoastNews.com

Octomom Nadya Suleman's 2-year-old son Caleb was rushed to the hospital Friday after gulping down his older brother's "volcano kit." Caleb vomited up the offending chemicals, which turned out to be mostly salt water, but Suleman called paramedics anyway, just to be on the safe side.

"I knew it would all get blown out of proportion if I called, but I didn't want to take any chances," Suleman told People.com. "I think I did the right thing. He's okay."

We agree that she did the right thing (there's a first time for everything, OK?). But we're having second thoughts about one of the first responders. People reports that amid the chaotic scene at the family's La Habra, Calif., home, a fireman asked Suleman to pose for a souvenir cell-phone snapshot.

Really? That's how you're going to play the hero, Mr. Fireman? Or should we say, fired man?

See multiple other reasons Octomom is probably happy not to be everybody's Octoheadache with this Jon & Kate Update.