We think these products are useful and we hope you do too. E! has affiliate relationships, so we may get a small share of the revenue from your purchases. Items are sold by the retailer, not E!.
Congrats, you've made it to the best day of the year: National French Fry Day. This July 13 celebration of the potato's best form brings freebie deals you won't want to miss at some of your favorite eateries. These are some of the restaurants doling out fries for free or at a discount today:
- McDonald's: Order medium fries for free using the McDonald's app.
- KFC: KFC's secret recipe fries cost only 30 cents today.
- Smashburger: Smash fries are free with the purchase of a Double Burger.
- Burger King: Medium fries are free if you redeem a coupon on the Burger King site.
- Carl's Jr.: Carl's Jr. sends you a coupon for a free small fry and small drink with the purchase of a Western Bacon Cheeseburger when you sign up for their email newsletter.
Next, download the best apps for food delivery below to get your french fry fix without having to leave the couch.
Order from local restaurants using the Seamless app, which is available in more than 600 cities. In the app, you're offered deals and rewards, so odds are you won't be leaving anytime soon without ordering a meal.
For the best grub, order from Grubhub. The app shows you eateries with discounted delivery prices nearby, and hosts most of your favorite restaurants. Plus, they currently offer no-contact delivery, where a driver drops of your food in a safe place and alerts you when it's ready, according to CBS. Simply specify that you would like this service in your delivery instructions.
DoorDash delivers food from certain local favorites for free. We can't argue against a great deal! And, they are also currently offering a no-contact delivery option. Just mention that you would like this service in your delivery instructions.
If you'd rather cook your own food, check out Instacart. The service delivers groceries from local stores to your front door day-of. You can also select "leave at my door delivery" if you would not like to come in contact with your delivery person.
—Originally published March 16, 2020, at 5:18 p.m. PT