6. A rumor still lingers, claiming that Pitt and David Spade had gone to school together thanks to a bit in the comedian's stand-up that claimed the two had, with Spade's grandma getting hot for Pitt thanks to his yearbook photo. However, as revealed in a 1998 Rolling Stone profile on Spade, the two did not grow up together.
7. After graduating from Kickapoo High School, he enrolled in the University of Missouri, majoring in journalism. With only one paper left to write before graduation, he quit, worked a couple of weeks on the docks of his dad's company to earn gas money, and then followed an itch out west.
8. Upon arriving in Los Angeles with only $325 in his pocked, Pitt slept on Melissa Etheridge's couch.
9. To make ends meet, he worked as a limo driver for strippers and dressed as a chicken to advertise El Pollo Loco. During the former, he made an important show business contact just before quitting. As he told Newsweek, a girl he drove was in an acting class taught by famous acting coach Roy London. "I went and checked it out, and it really set me on the path to where I am now," he said in 2007. "Strippers changed my life."
10. His first leading film role was in a Yugoslavian-U.S. co-production called The Dark Side of the Sun, about a young American taken by his family to the Adriatic to find a remedy for a skin condition. Director Bozidar Nikolic picked Pitt out of 400 candidates and paid the young actor $1523 for seven weeks of filming in 1988. When the Croatian War of Independence broke out in 1991, the film was shelved and not released until 1997, when it went directly to video.