Melanie Martinez says she "would never be intimate with someone without their absolute consent," marking her second public denial to an accusation of rape.
Last week, singer Timothy Heller alleged that the former Voice contestant, musician and her former friend sexually assaulted her. Since then, many fans have expressed support for the accuser and have condemned Martinez. Others have stood by her side.
"I understand how hard it could be to see my side of the story, considering no one with a heart would want to invalidate anyone speaking up about this topic," Martinez wrote on Twitter on Saturday evening. "I want to thank my fans who took the time to research the timeline, analyze past Instagram photos, and question the story being told, which reveal her false statements."
"I trusted so many people in my life who took advantage of that trust for their own personal gain," she said. "Please know that my intentions with everything that I do in my life are always pure and I would never be intimate with someone without their absolute consent."