by Kristin Dos Santos | Sun., Sep. 28, 2014 4:50 PM
It's the biggest risk of the TV season: Bringing Frozen to ABC's Once Upon a Time so soon after the megahit blockbuster was in theaters.
Everyone has been talking about it since Elsa's backside (fully clothed, thank you very much you pervy-pervs) was revealed in the season finale in May. But…Will this whole Frozen thing work?
We'll let you be the judge of that when you see tonight's episode on ABC at 8 pm. (We mostly loved it, but also had mixed feelings, because some of the plot developments are just…nonsensical, especially when it comes to Princess Anna's life choices!)
In the meantime, here's what the cast can spill...
1. Elsa and Emma Are Gonna Be Besties! OK, maybe not but they will be friends. "Elsa is very confused and makes friends with Emma," Georgina Haig tells us. "They bond over the fact that they both can't control their magic. But she's still dealing with a lot of the problems that she was dealing with in Frozen. She can't control her powers and ends up hurting people without meaning to."
2. Anna and Elsa Are Not Copies. "We are portraying them in our Once Upon a Time way" Goodwin teases. "We're not duplicating anything about the animated feature. Our versions of the characters were inspired by the feature. But at the same time there is something undeniable about these actors and how much they resemble them in spirit and in appearance.
3. Regina's Path Is Not Easy. "It's definitely a complicated situation," Lana Parilla says of the surprise return of her lover Robin's formerly dead wife, Marion. "He's Regina's true love, let's just get that straight. It's been prophesized. Regina has only been good for a couple years, and she's lived in being evil for a lot longer. Old habits die hard. It's just a matter of time before she takes these matters into her own hands and deals with things the way she wants to."
4. Elsa and Emma Meet in Gold's Pawn Shop. "Elsa turns up in Storybrooke and joins up with Emma, Hook and the gang and they take her to Gold's pawn shop to find out how she got there," says Carlyle.
5. Hans Is a "Crazy Psychopath." "Whatever you thought about Hans in the movie is how you'll feel about him when he's introduced in Once Upon a Time," says the actor playing him, Tyler Jacob Moore (Shameless). "My first thought when I got the role was, ‘Man I hated that guy!' And then my next thought was, ‘How can I figure out how I can become this crazy psychopath that he is?' It's a blast.You might see some of the brothers and him interacting in that world. We try to make him as human as we can."
6. Grumpy Has an Amazing Car Scene. "I am basically the first person to encounter Elsa," Lee Arenberg teases. "And I'll leave it at that."
7. Emma and Hook Are…Complicated. "You will see Hook and Emma on a date eventually," Colin O'Donoghue tells us. "It's Storybrooke so it's never going to be smooth sailing. They're trying to figure out whether this relationship can work and if they can be together." Jennifer Morrison adds: "They're coming together and trying to figure out if they can be vulnerable again and if there is any way that they can try to make this work. They're doing that amidst being chased by snow monsters and finding out that there is a new snow queen in town so it's definitely a different take on dating."
(Yep, There Will be the Snowmonster.)
8. Gold Is Still An Addict. "Gold and Belle's wedding didn't start well since he's lying to her about the dagger," Robert Carlyle (Gold) teases. "That's going to come up nearly right away in the first episode. The man is an addict. He's addicted to the power and addicted to the magic. He tried to be a good man and do the right thing and now once he's done that, he's thinking, ‘Is that it?' So he's going back to what he used to be. I don't know if there will be a divorce but it's not looking good."
9. Snow White Is…Staying Home? Truth told, this bite from Ginnifer Goodwin doesn't make a whole lot of sense to us! But it sounds like maybe some of the characters will be going to where Anna is, while Elsa is in Storybrooke? Anyway, Goodwin teases, "I only interact with Elsa because I'm taking care of the baby."
This content is available customized for our international audience. Would you like to view this in our US edition?
This content is available customized for our international audience. Would you like to view this in our Canadian edition?
This content is available customized for our international audience. Would you like to view this in our UK edition?
This content is available customized for our international audience. Would you like to view this in our Australian edition?
Dieser Inhalt ist für internationale Besucher verfügbar. Möchtest du ihn in der deutschen Version anschauen?
This content is available customized for our international audience. Would you like to view this in our German edition?
Une version adaptée de ce contenu est disponible pour notre public international. Souhaitez-vous voir ça dans notre édition française ?
This content is available customized for our international audience. Would you like to view this in our French edition?