MTV Movie Awards, Mila Kunis

Jason Merritt/Getty Images

Mila Kunis said she's been terrified of Stuart Lynn Dunn for some time now.

That's what detectives testified to, at least, at a preliminary hearing today to determine whether Dunn should stand trial on felony stalking charges.

After hearing what both sides had to say, the judge set Dunn's arraignment for June 27 and ordered him to stand trial.

Kunis was "scared of Mr. Dunn" and "in fear for her safety," LAPD Detective John Gregozek, who interviewed the Ted star twice, testified.

Gregozek quoted Kunis as telling him that Dunn had "crazy eyes" and looked like he "could eat" her.

Kunis was "110 percent in fear of her safety," the detective continued, recalling what Kunis told him the last time she saw Dunn.

The 27-year-old defendant was arrested May 4 after allegedly showing up for the third day in a row outside Kunis' Beverly Hills gym, which would put him in violation of a restraining order she secured against him earlier this year. She told police he had been sitting by her car in the parking lot.

Dunn has been in custody ever since in lieu of $150,000 bail.

He pleaded no contest to unauthorized entry of a dwelling, a misdemeanor, in February after he broke into a vacant condo belonging to Kunis; he was ordered to stay away fro the actress for three years.

Matthew DeHaven, a security manager at Creative Artists Agency, also testified today, saying that Dunn showed up at their Century City office this year to try to see Kunis' agent, Jeremy Plager. He was not granted access to the building and left without incident, DeHaven said.

Dunn's attorney, Ruchi Gupta, argued that he had never contacted Kunis personally and was not a "credible threat."

Prosecutor Wendy Segall countered that Dunn's "conduct was threatening, the court has told him to stay away, her management has told him to stay away" and "he is going to do whatever he can to get close to her."

If convicted of felony stalking and felony stalking in violation of a restraining order, Dunn faces up to four years in prison.

The judge's ruling was the "appropriate result," Segall said after court.

—Reporting by Baker Machado

  • Share
  • Tweet
  • Share

We and our partners use cookies on this site to improve our service, perform analytics, personalize advertising, measure advertising performance, and remember website preferences. By using the site, you consent to these cookies. For more information on cookies including how to manage your consent visit our Cookie Policy.