Kanye West

Tom Vickers / Splash News

Kanye West is in Hawaii now, maybe working, maybe relaxing on some beach. Either way, he's got his trusty Mac with him—not to mention the same hoodie he was sporting yesterday—and he seems to be gearing up to write the blog post to end all blog posts.

But since we haven't heard from him yet, we can still only speculate as to what prompted his showdown with the paparazzi Thursday morning at Los Angeles International Airport.

The cops, for one, sure don’t know.

"I have no idea," Sgt. Jim Holcomb of the L.A. Police Department's Airport Division told E! News Friday when asked what provoked the incident. "I didn’t know who he [Kanye] was until the day this happened."

"You saw the tape, I have no idea what set him off," Holcomb continued. "I've got nothing left, nothing to add here. I got like 3,000 phone calls. There's nothing more to add until they go to court."

Well, he sure won't be forgetting Kanye West anytime soon.

West is due in court Oct. 2 to answer to a felony vandalism charge for allegedly smashing a TMZ shutterbug's camera after getting into it with a few photogs in the American Airlines terminal at LAX, where he was waiting to board a flight to Honolulu.

He was released shortly before 1 p.m. on $20,000 bail and promptly headed for Van Nuys Airport, figuring he'd had enough of flying commercial for the day.

Since then, the laptop-savvy "Good Life" artist has only offered up a taste of what's to come, blogging early this morning:

"We back in the lab!!! I'm cool with the paparazzi. This guy wasn't cool. I gotta work now…I'll rant later."

—Additional reporting by Matt Donnelly

  • Share
  • Tweet
  • Share

We and our partners use cookies on this site to improve our service, perform analytics, personalize advertising, measure advertising performance, and remember website preferences. By using the site, you consent to these cookies. For more information on cookies including how to manage your consent visit our Cookie Policy.