Dave Hogan/Getty Images
por Brandi Fowler | Traduzido Por | Seg., 26 set. 2011 05:00
Dave Hogan/Getty Images
Celebrity news does not stop just because it's the weekend.
Whether it was Morgan Freeman and Herman Cain engaging in some Tea Party talk or Lindsay Lohan exhibiting model behavior in Italy or Jennifer Aniston and Justin Theroux dropping major cash at a charity auction, there was plenty going oin.
Missed this weekend's hottest stories in entertainment? No worries, we've got it all right here...
• Tea Party Pooper: Morgan Freeman called the actions of the Tea Party "racist" for its efforts to oust President Barack Obama from office. Republican presidential candidate Herman Cain responded on Fox.
• Pretty, Pricey: Jennifer Aniston and beau Justin Theroux picked up an expensive abstract art piece at a charitable auction in NYC for $450,000.
• Real-Life Hero: Sean Penn aided in the release of two American hikers who had been held captive in Iran on charges of espionage since July 2009.
• Young Love: Justin Bieber reportedly set up a romantic outing for girlfriend Selena Gomez: reserving the entire Staples Center in Los Angeles for a private screening of Titanic Friday night.
• Calling It Quits: Kat Von D and Jesse James ended their relationship yet again, with the LA Ink star revealing on her Facebook page that she is no longer in a relationship with Sandra Bullock's ex-hubby.
• Back to Reality: Speaking of calling it quits repeatedly, Jersey Shore's on-and-off couple Ronnie and Sammi told us they're still together, and Snooki spoke out about her infamous on-screen make-out session with Deena.
• Not Baby Bumpin' (Yet): Carrie Underwood told us that while she and her hockey hubby, Mike Fisher, want kids someday, that day is not any time soon.
• Naked Truth: Geo Godley, who made a name for himself when he dropped trou on The X Factor, is now claiming that he wasn't entirely naked below the belt: He was wearing a G-string.
• Makin' Movies: Elton John and partner David Furnish are in the process of creating the rock icon's biopic, to be dubbed Rocketman.
• Box Office King: The Lion King grabbed its second straight win at the box office this weekend, taking home $22.1 million. Brad Pitt's Moneyball came in second at $20.6 million, followed by Dolphin Tale at $20.3 million.
• Twitter Talk: Supernatural actor DJ Qualls alleged that he was beaten by police in Vancouver while he was in town shooting the CW show, then spilled the details via Twitter.
• Tying the Knot: Molly Sims married Love and Other Drugs producer Scott Stuber Saturday at the Frank Cafaretta Vineyard in Napa Valley in front of celeb guests like Fergie and Josh Duhamel.
• Record-Setting Stints: Alec Baldwin kicked off the 37th season of Saturday Night Live by becoming the first person to host the show 16 times.
This content is available customized for our international audience. Would you like to view this in our US edition?
This content is available customized for our international audience. Would you like to view this in our Canadian edition?
This content is available customized for our international audience. Would you like to view this in our UK edition?
This content is available customized for our international audience. Would you like to view this in our Australian edition?
Dieser Inhalt ist für internationale Besucher verfügbar. Möchtest du ihn in der deutschen Version anschauen?
This content is available customized for our international audience. Would you like to view this in our German edition?
Une version adaptée de ce contenu est disponible pour notre public international. Souhaitez-vous voir ça dans notre édition française ?
This content is available customized for our international audience. Would you like to view this in our French edition?