1. ELIGIBILITY AND SPONSOR: NO PURCHASE IS NECESSARY TO ENTER OR WIN. The X Factor Fan Event Giveaway ("Sweepstakes") is open to legal residents of the who are at least 18 years of age or older as of the start of the Sweepstakes Period ("Entrants"). The Sweepstakes is void in Puerto Rico, the U.S. Virgin Islands, U.S. Military installations in foreign countries, all other U.S. territories and possessions, and wherever else restricted or prohibited by law. Sweepstakes is sponsored by E! Entertainment Television, LLC, 5750 Wilshire Blvd, Los Angeles, CA 90036 ("Sponsor" or "E!"). Employees of G4 Media, LLC and E! Entertainment Television, LLC, their parents and subsidiaries, advertising and promotion agencies and all other entities participating in the design, promotion, marketing, advertising, administration or fulfillment of this Sweepstakes (collectively, "Sweepstakes Entities") and their immediate families and persons living in the same household are ineligible to participate in this Sweepstakes. Sweepstakes begins at 4:00 p.m. Pacific Time ("PT") on September 8, 2011 and ends 11:59:59 p.m. PT on September 12, 2011 (the "Sweepstakes Period").
3. ODDS. Odds of winning a Prize depend on the number of eligible entries received.
4. SELECTION AND NOTIFICATION OF SELECTED ENTRANTS. Each qualified entry will be entered into the random drawing for a chance to win the prize(s) described below in Section (each a "Prize"). A random drawing by a representative of Sponsor will be held soon after the Sweepstakes Period to determine potential winners ("Selected Entrants"). Selected Entrants will be notified by email. The Selected Entrants will be required to respond (as directed) within before the indicated deadline. Selected Entrant's failure to timely respond may result in forfeiture of the Prize, and in such case, Sponsor may randomly select an alternate chosen entrant from among the remaining eligible entries. The Selected Entrants may be sent an affidavit of eligibility / liability / publicity release ("Release"). Except where prohibited by law, the Release will state that Selected Entrant agrees to allow Sponsor to use (without additional compensation) his or her name, address, photograph, testimonial, likeness and/or biographical information for purposes of advertising and promotion (including, without limitation, posting on Sponsor's website(s) and affiliated website(s)). Selected Entrant may also be required to provide name, U.S. Social Security Number (for tax form purposes), birth date, current address and phone number. Unless restricted by law, the Selected Entrant may be required to complete and return the Release within the time period specified therein. The Prize may be forfeited, and in such case, an alternate Selected Entrant may be randomly selected from among the remaining eligible entries if the Selected Entrant: (i) cannot be reached; (ii) does not respond to the Notification before the deadline stated above; (iii) fails to obtain all signatures on the Release and to return the documents in a timely manner as required pursuant to these Official Rules; or (iv) cannot accept or receive a Prize for any reason. Non-compliance with these Official Rules may result in disqualification and selection of an alternate Selected Entrant. Limit one (1) Prize per person and household.
5. PRIZES: Ten winners will each receive a pair of tickets to the X Factor Fan Event in Los Angeles, California on September 14, 2011 at 6 p.m. at the Arclight Theater Hollywood. Transportation to Los Angeles and to the Arclight Theater is not included. The approximate retail value ("ARV") of each prize is $100. Total ARV of all Prizes is $1,000 (USD).
6. PRIZE CONDITIONS: Each Sweepstakes Entrant hereby irrevocably and perpetually waives the right to assert as a cost of receiving any Prize any and all costs of verification and redemption to redeem such Prize and any liability which might arise from redeeming or seeking to redeem such Prize. All applicable federal, state, local or other tax liabilities (including income taxes) arising from this Sweepstakes will be the sole responsibility of each actual Prize recipient. Except where prohibited by applicable law, regulation, rule or order, the actual Selected Entrants' entry and acceptance of any constitutes permission to Sponsor to use such person's name, photograph, likeness (including non-photographic and simulated), statements, biographical information, voice, and city and state address for any and all promotional or advertising purposes in connection with this Sweepstakes and/or the Sponsor's business operations and product/service offerings, on a worldwide basis and in all forms of media, now or hereafter known, in perpetuity, without review, permission or further compensation of any amount or kind whatsoever. All Sweepstakes entries are subject to verification prior to awarding of any Prize. Eligibility, age, and any and all other claims shall be subject to verification prior to the actual awarding of a Prize. The value of any Prize awarded may be lower or higher at the time it is fulfilled. Any difference between actual value and ARV will not be awarded.
Guest of winner must be 18 years of age or older. No substitution, transfer, or cash redemption of Prize; provided, however, that Sponsor reserves the right to substitute a Prize with another Prize of equal or greater value should the advertised Prize become unavailable for any reason.
7. SWEEPSTAKES CONDITIONS: VOID WHERE PROHIBITED. This Sweepstakes is subject to all applicable federal, state and local laws of the United States. By participating, each Sweepstakes Entrant hereby irrevocably and perpetually (a) agrees to be fully and unconditionally bound by these Official Rules and the decisions of the Sponsors and (b) waives any right to claim ambiguity in the Sweepstakes or these Official Rules. Each Sweepstakes entrant hereby irrevocably and perpetually agrees to release, discharge, indemnify and hold harmless the Sweepstakes Entities and each of their respective officers, directors, employees, shareholders, attorneys, representatives and agents from and against any and all claims, judgments, damages, losses, disability, attorneys' fees, and costs of litigation and settlement, as well as any liability due to any injuries, damages or losses to any person (including death) or property of any kind resulting in whole or in part, directly or indirectly, from (i) redemption, acceptance, possession, ownership, misuse or use of any Prize or participation in any Sweepstakes-related activity or participation in this Sweepstakes, or (ii) printing, distribution, production or mailing/e-mailing/communication/transmission errors. Sponsor or its affiliates may rescind any promotion found to contain such errors, without liability, at its sole discretion. NEITHER SPONSOR NOR ITS REPRESENTATIVES MAKE ANY WARRANTY, REPRESENTATION OR GUARANTEE, EXPRESS OR IMPLIED, IN FACT OR IN LAW, RELATIVE TO THE USE OF ANY PRIZE, INCLUDING, WITHOUT LIMITATION, QUALITY, MERCHANTABILITY OR FITNESS FOR A PARTICULAR PURPOSE (UNLESS SPONSOR ELECTS TO PROVIDE ANY PRIZE RECIPIENT WITH ANY EXPRESS WRITTEN WARRANTIES). FURTHER, NEITHER SPONSOR NOR THE SWEEPSTAKES ENTITIES ACCEPT ANY ADDITIONAL EXPENSES, OMISSIONS, DELAYS OR ACTS OF ANY GOVERNMENT OR AUTHORITY.
8. RESTRICTIONS: Sweepstakes Entities shall not be liable to the Selected Entrants for failure to supply any Prize or any part thereof, by reason of any acts of God, any action(s), regulation(s), order(s) or request(s) by any governmental or quasi-governmental entity (whether or not the action(s), regulations(s), order(s) or request(s) prove(s) to be invalid), equipment failure, threatened terrorist acts, terrorist acts, air raid, blackout, act of public enemy, earthquake, war (declared or undeclared), fire, flood, epidemic, explosion, unusually severe weather, hurricane, embargo, labor dispute or strike (whether legal or illegal), labor or material shortage, transportation interruption of any kind, work slow-down, civil disturbance, insurrection, riot, or any other similar or dissimilar cause beyond Sponsor's sole and reasonable control.
9. LIMITATIONS OF LIABILITY: Sweepstakes Entities are not responsible for: (a) lost, late, misdirected, undeliverable, incomplete or indecipherable entries due to system errors or failures, or faulty transmissions or other telecommunications malfunctions and/or entries; (b) technical failures of any kinds; (c) failures of any of the equipment or programming associated with or utilized in the Sweepstakes; (d) unauthorized human and/or mechanical intervention in any part of the entry process or the Sweepstakes; (e) technical or human error which may occur in the administration of the Sweepstakes or the processing of entries; or (f) any injury or damage to persons or property which may be caused, directly or indirectly, in whole or in part, from any entrant's participation in the Sweepstakes or receipt or use of any Prize. Sponsor may prohibit an entrant from participating in the Sweepstakes or receiving any Prize if, in Sponsor's sole discretion, Sponsor determines that such entrant is attempting to undermine the legitimate operation of the Sweepstakes by cheating, hacking, deception, or other unsafe or unfair playing practices (including the use of automated quick entry programs) or intending to annoy, abuse, threaten or harass any other entrants or Sponsor's representatives. If for any reason this Sweepstakes is not capable of running as planned, including, but not limited to, infection by computer virus, bugs, tampering, unauthorized intervention, fraud, or any other similar or dissimilar causes beyond the sole and reasonable control of Sponsor which corrupt or affect the administration, security, fairness, integrity or proper, safe and fair conduct of the Sweepstakes, then Sponsor reserves the right, exercisable at any time in Sponsor's sole discretion, to cancel, terminate, modify or suspend all or any part of the Sweepstakes. CAUTION: ANY ATTEMPT BY ANY ENTRANT TO DELIBERATELY DAMAGE THE WEBSITE OR UNDERMINE THE LEGITIMATE OPERATION OF THE SWEEPSTAKES MAY BE IN VIOLATION OF CRIMINAL AND/OR CIVIL LAWS, AND SHOULD SUCH AN ATTEMPT BE MADE, SPONSOR RESERVES THE UNRESTRICTED RIGHT, EXERCISABLE AT ANY TIME IN SPONSOR'S SOLE DSICRETION, AND WITHOUT WAIVER OF OR LIMITATION ON ANY OF SPONSOR'S OTHER AVAILABLE LEGAL AND/OR EQUITABLE RIGHTS AND REMEDIES, TO SEEK CIVIL AND/OR CRIMINAL PROSECUTION AND DAMAGES (INCLUDING ATTORNEYS' FEES) FROM AND AGAINST ANY SUCH ENTRANT TO THE FULLEST EXTENT OF THE LAW.
RULES/PRIZE RECIPIENT(S) LIST: For a copy of the Official Rules or for a list of the name(s) and city/state address(es) of the actual Prize recipient(s), write to E! Entertainment Television, LLC, 5750 Wilshire Blvd., Los Angeles, CA 90036, Attn: Sweepstakes Compliance. Winners list becomes available after completion of Sweepstakes.