Kid Rock

Steve Granitz/WireImage.com

This woman's run-in with Kid Rock may not have been pleasant, but a jury has decided it wasn't worth $25,000, either.

A seven-member jury on Friday dismissed an assault lawsuit brought against the singer by a woman who claimed he got nasty with her last year after she refused to go home with him after listening in on a recording session at his Clarkston, Mich., studio.

"We're very pleased," Rock's attorney, William Horton, told the Detroit News. "We wish we wouldn't have had to be here in the first place, but we think the jury's decision was justified. We said all along that he was a lightning rod for a celebrity shakedown."

Kelly Ann Kozlowski, 29, alleged that Rock, whose real name is Robert Ritchie, shoved her into a snowbank on the night of March 8, 2007.

She filed a police report but no criminal charges were ever filed. 

The Rock and Roll Jesus artist maintained in the meantime that Kozlowski got rowdy and belligerent after being invited to his studio as a guest, and he sued her for defamation and invasion of privacy for saying all those nah-sty things about him.

A judge dismissed Rock's suit in November after he failed to show for a couple of court dates, despite his attorney's objections that he had been out of town singing for his supper, or, promoting his latest album.

The suit tossed Friday was filed by Kozlowski in response to Rock's allegations. The four-man, three-woman jury was out for 90 minutes before voting 6-1 in the "Bawitdaba" singer's favor.

Kozlowski's attorney, Scott Norton, expressed his disappointment and said they would appeal the decision.

  • Share
  • Tweet
  • Share

We and our partners use cookies on this site to improve our service, perform analytics, personalize advertising, measure advertising performance, and remember website preferences. By using the site, you consent to these cookies. For more information on cookies including how to manage your consent visit our Cookie Policy.