Since rising to fame in the Philippines on a talent show in 2004, Sandara Park, a native South Korean, enjoyed a successful acting and singing career for several years before returning to her home country. And in 2009, she made her K-pop debut as a member of girl group, 2NE1, and went on to achieve resounding success, making it one of the most successful girl groups in South Korea.
Even after the girl group disbanded, she continued to enjoy commercial success through her solo career and even rose to international fame. In addition, Sandara is also well-known for her flawless complexion and ideal facial ratio. Needless to say, the Korean beauty industry took notice and she was the face of major beauty brands like Etude House, Clio and Moonshot.
Here, the lessons we can learn from some of Sandara's best beauty looks over the years:
1. Sleek platinum locks with fluttery lashes are a diva's best accessories.
2. Draw the attention to your eyes by lining them with a jet-black liner and applying multiple coats of lengthening mascara while keeping the rest of your face bare.
3. Tight braids exude an air of toughness worthy of a boxer girl.
4. Less is more when it comes to foundation application as it allows your natural skin texture to show through for a sheer, dewy finish.
5. When in doubt, opt for a rich chestnut hue as it flatters Asian skin tones. You can wear it straight and sleek for a polished look, or get loose, large curls for a feminine touch.
6. Accentuate your eyes with brow-grazing bangs for an easy update on your usual ‘do.
7. To instantly glam up your look, intensify your eyeliner and smudge it out for soft smoky eyes.
8. Illuminate your complexion with a slick of creamy red lipstick.
9. To warm up a pale complexion, try dyeing your hair a caramel shade like Sandara. It has warm undertones that will counter any sallowness.
10. A coral lip colour applied in a ombré effect feels modern and flatters virtually every skin tone.