The atmosphere was intense at this year's SummerSlam as the WWE Universe descended upon Brooklyn's Barclays Center for an action-packed night filled with electric entertainment, heated rivalries and all-out athleticism.
While there were a handful of breakout moments, Nikki Bella delivered one of the evening's biggest surprises when she joined Nattie Neidhart and Alexa Bliss for a tag-team match versus Naomi, Becky Lynch, Carmella. This was the first time Nikki has competed in the ring since she underwent neck surgery in January. What a comeback!
Here's a recap of all the major highlights from SummerSlam 2016!
1. Jon Stewart insulted Stephanie McMahon: So, it's probably not a good idea to talk smack about the boss. Oops!
2. Charlotte defeats Sasha Banks to reclaim the title of Women's Champion for a second time: Go girl!
3. The Miz beat Apollo Crews: After hitting his signature "Skull Crushing Finale" move, the WWE Superstar celebrated the victory with a kiss from wife Maryse.
4. John Cena battled AJ Styles: The Cenation Leader left it all out in ring while brawling with "The Phenomenal One" in an epic match at SummerSlam. Unfortunately, Cena came up short and tasted defeat once Styles surprised him with a tough "Phenomenal Forearm."
5. Jon Stewart announced he had "learned his lesson" about interfering in matches: And that lesson involved hiding his "old man belly" from children. LOL!
6. Then, the comedian danced with The New Day to celebrate their win: Those hips don't lie!
7. Nikki Bella solidified her return with a win: Nikki's big night got even sweeter when she pinned Carmella to pick up a win for her team #StayFearless.
New episodes of Total Divas returns Sunday 9th April in the UK, only on E!