To say Zsa Zsa Gabor had a way with words is an understatement.
The Hungarian-American socialite passed away Sunday morning at her home in L.A. at age 99. Frédéric Prinz von Anhalt, Gabor's husband of 30 years, later announced that the B-movie actress had died of a heart attack. "We tried everything, but her heart just stopped and that was it," he said. "Even the ambulance tried very hard to get her back, but there was no way."
Gabor—the great-aunt of Paris Hilton— had been on life support for the past five years.
After being crowned Miss Hungary in 1936, Gabor immigrated to the U.S. in 1941. She hit it big in 1952 with roles in We're Not Married! and Moulin Rouge, but over the years, Gabor gained more notoriety for her romances. Prior to marrying Prinz von Anhalt in 1986, she was wed to Burhan Asaf Belge (1937-1941), Conrad Hilton (1942-1947), George Sanders (1949-1954), Herbert Hutner (1962-1966), Joshua S. Cosden, Jr. (1966-1967), Jack Ryan (1975-1976) and Michael O'Hara (1976-1983). Gabor's two-day marriage to Felipe de Alba was annulled in 1983.
Throughout it all, Gabor maintained a sense of humor about her high-profile relationships and her lavish lifestyle. When asked how many husbands she had, Gabor was quoted in the 1975 anthology I Wish I'd Said That by Kenneth Edwards as saying, "You mean apart from my own?"
Here, E! News looks back at her 20 best one-liners over the years:
20. "I don't remember anyone's name. How do you think the 'dahling' thing got started?"
19. "Any woman who diets all the time can't help but be grouchy. Nobody can be amusing or entertaining on a diet."
18. "A girl must marry for love, and keep on marrying until she finds it."
17. "There is nothing wrong with a woman encouraging a man's advances, as long as they are in cash."
16. "Being jealous of a beautiful woman is not going to make you beautiful."
15. "It's never as easy to keep your own spouse happy as it is to make someone else's spouse happy."
14. "You never really know a man until you have divorced him."
13. "Sexual attraction only lasts two years, and who wants to stay with a man if you're not sexually attracted?"
12. "The only place men want depth in a woman is in her décolletage."
11. "A man in love is incomplete until he has married. Then he's finished."
10. "I know nothing about sex, because I was always married."
9. "Husbands are like fires: They go out when unattended."
8. "A woman has the right to quarrel with her husband in the afternoon because it is so much fun to make up in the evening."
7. "Getting divorced just because you don't love a man is almost as silly as getting married just because you do. "
6. "You can say I'm full of s--t—but don't say I'm old."
5. "I am not a name-dropper. I can't help it if everybody I know is famous."
4. "I never hated a man enough to give him his diamonds back."
3. "I want a man who's kind and understanding. Is that too much to ask of a millionaire?"
2. "I am a marvelous housekeeper: Every time I leave a man I keep his house."
1. "I deserve attention not because of any talent, but just because of who I am."