Penguin Random House UK
Zayn Malik is a singer, TV show creator and now an author.
The former One Direction singer is set to release his first book, Zayn, on Nov. 1, but it's not going to be your typical celebrity memoir. Instead of writing about life with 1D or even life on the solo career road, the "Pillowtalk" crooner is going to give fans an autobiographical book filled with personal notes, thoughts, drawings and never-before-seen photos.
"I'm going to show you as much as I can so that you can judge me on my own terms, not on what the press or anyone else says," Zayn said in a statement.
Even before Zayn officially departed the boy band, rumors swirled that he might want to go his own way. But with his new book, fans might be able to get some real answers (although he's already said he didn't feel "challenged" enough musically).
Here are five things we hope Zayn's book addresses:
1. What happened with Perrie Edwards? The former lovebirds were engaged to be married, but when he quit 1D he also seemed to quit the Little Mix songstress. Will he tell fans what really happened?
2. Does he have any regrets about leaving 1D? Zayn has since released a solo studio album as well as announced a new show, so it seems like he's doing just fine. But does he ever wonder what could have happened if he stayed?
3. How did the news of his departure really go over with Harry Styles, Liam Payne, Niall Horan and Louis Tomlinson? Were they furious or did they know it was coming? Tells us the truth!
4. Will some of his personal notes include observations from his time on The X-Factor? Prior to becoming One Direction, the five boys were just solo artists trying to make it—what was that like? What did it feel like to become a band? These are all questions we hope Zayn answers.
5. What does Zayn think Made in the A.M., the name of 1D's album without him, stand for? Many Directioners speculated that A.M. was an abbreviation for After Malik, which would be the ultimate shade to their friend.
What do you want Zayn to address in his book? Sound off in the comments!