Everybody's favorite Netflix show, Stranger Things, has driven fans to come up with the wildest theories about the series. While we may not know if there is any truth to these until Season two comes around, why not drive yourself nuts wondering what might be? If you've already finished our list of 11 Netflix Titles to Binge On While You Wait for Season Two, contemplate the following theories for a bit. If you have any of your own, feel free to leave them in the comments below.
Social media sites like Twitter and Reddit have gone nuts trying to figure out all the questions we had by the end. We rounded up our favorite fan theories along with some possible explanations for your reading pleasure. If you just can't figure out why Barb had to die, the relationship between Eleven and Hopper, or the love triangle between Steve, Jonathan and Nancy, you'll eat up these theories like a box of Eggo's.
1. Eleven is Hopper's daughter. Alright. Where do we begin? This is perhaps one of the most talked about theories we spotted on social media when it comes to Stranger Things. There are a ton of Hopper x Eleven conspiracies out there right now, and this one is certainly a mind-blower. Many believe if they aren't father and daughter, they are at least related in some way. It's clear that Hopper knows a lot about Eleven, including her love for Eggo Waffles, despite the fact that we never see this info revealed to him. Hmm...
2. Barb v. Will. Why did Barb die in 'The Upside Down' when Will managed to make it out alive? Who knows. Granted, after we see him cough up that nasty slug-blob, and have those Upside Down flashbacks, we're not sure if making it out alive was all the great. Maybe this theory has a connection to #6? Read on.
3. The Upside Down is all in Elevens head. Given how much Eleven can do with her mind, we would be silly to brush off this theory. If the girl can crush cans, run around the Upside Down and kill people with her brain power, what's to say the Upside Down isn't some sort of elaborate world she invented to cope with her crazy life? Twitter seems to think so. Think about it.
4. Nancy and Jonathan will end up together. Dang, okay! Reddit, the hub for all things Stranger Things conspiracy related, mentioned that Nancy looked "sad" and "kind of distant" in her last scene with Steve on the couch. There's no denying that, so perhaps that's a little foreshadowing? Honestly, we still can't decide who we want to see her date.
5. Eleven is the monster. She did say herself, "I am the monster." While most people thought this was simply because she was blaming herself for all of the madness, others were not so sure. One Redditor posted the theory, "Could it be that she and the monster are one? Is it like in the Matrix with Neo and Agent Smith. When Neo destroyed Agent Smith, Agent Smith later revealed that he was set free. Could the monster be more powerful in season two? Maybe El evolved her powers. It seems like if El dies so does the monster. Thoughts?" Here's a thought: Omgah.
6. Barb died because there could only be one red head. Ha! Barb enthusiasts will be sad to hear this one. Glennellen Anderson, who plays Nicole, shared her theory on why the show killed off the cult-favorite character. When asked about Barbs tragic death in a Reddit AMA, Anderson replied, "There were two redheads. One of 'em had to go. #sorrybarb ;)" Zing. Technically, as another Redditor pointed out, Nicole and Carol, played by Chelsea Talmadge, are both redheads. Does this spell bad news for the future of Carol too? Was this an accidental reveal? WE MAY NEVER KNOW. Unless, of course, we get a season two.