Justin Bieber has a new gal-pal, and it seems to be causing quite the stir.
After fans started to get mean about his new flame Sofia Richie on Bieber's Instagram, the "Love Yourself" crooner threatened to go private, which caused Selena Gomez to call out her ex-boyfriend. He then responded with his own sassy remark, claiming the "Hands to Myself" songstress used to use him.
"It's funny to see people that used me for attention and still try to point the finger this way. Sad. All love," he reportedly responded. "I'm not one for anyone receiving hate. Hope u all can be kind to my friends and each other. And yes I love my beliebers."
Even Hailey Baldwin, who dated the Biebs earlier this year has chimed in with her own two cents, seemingly taking Selena's side. So just who is Sofia Richie, and what's with all the kerfuffle? Here are five things to know about her:
Jun Sato/GC Images
1. Her last name sounds familiar because she comes from a very famous family! Sofia is the daughter of Lionel Richie and his ex-wife Diana Richie. She has two older siblings from different mothers, brother Miles Richie and sister Nicole Richie.
2. She's a model represented by Select Model Management. She has appeared in ES magazine and was named the face of Madonna's Material Girl clothing line.
3. She's an aspiring fashion designer who turns to Mary-Kate Olsen and Ashley Olsen for inspiration. "I look at the Olsen twins' company, The Row, and see how I'd like my line to be represented. I'd like it to be something you could wear day to day, or at night to a party," she previously told Fault magazine. "I want to be able to vary my outfits. At the same time The Row is taken very seriously and that's exactly how I want my line to be seen."
4. She's young—and she knows it. At just 17, Sofia is aware her age works against her in the fashion world. "I just want to be taken seriously with my fashion and not thought of as a ‘little girl' who has a stylist or something," she added.
5. Her squad runs deep. Sofia's friends include Bella Hadid, Alessandra Ambrosio, Joan Smalls and more.