How well does Ellen DeGeneres really know Portia De Rossi?
The host answered that very question while taping Wednesday's episode of her eponymous talk show. DeGeneres invited their friends, Ben Falcone and Melissa McCarthy, to play a game called The Not So Newlywed Game, inspired by The Newlywed Game, which aired intermittently from 1966 until 2013. DeGeneres and de Rossi celebrated their seventh wedding anniversary on Aug. 16, while Falcone and McCarthy—who co-wrote and co-star in Universal Pictures' upcoming comedy The Boss—will celebrate their 10th anniversary on Oct. 8.
tWitch refereed hosted the game.
The rules were simple: Each celebrity answered a series of questions backstage without knowing how his or her spouse would answer the same question. Then, tWitch would ask one of them to guess how his or her spouse answered.
Michael Rozman/Warner Bros.
tWitch asked the celebrity couples eight questions:
• "Melissa, if Ben could describe you in one word, what it be?"
• "Ben, what word would Melissa use to describe you?"
• "Portia, name a celebrity other than you that Ellen has a crush on?"
• "Ellen, what celebrity does Portia have a crush on?"
• "Ben, what other celebrity does Melissa think you have a crush on?"
• "Ellen, what candy would Portia choose to describe your love life: Starburst, Good & Plenty, Hot Tamales, Mounds or Oh Henry!?"
• "Melissa, fill in the blank: Before I was married I used to _____, but now I ______."
• "Ellen, where did you share your first kiss?"
To see who won the Not So Newlywed Game, watch the video above!
(E! and Universal Pictures are both members of the NBCUniversal family.)