There's nothing like a good prank, especially when it's a little celeb-on-celeb April Fools' Day action.
And starting tonight, Neil Patrick Harris will put his pranking chops to the test on the Best Time Ever stage. In addition to what we can only guess will be some legendary schemes, the former How I Met Your Mother star promises musical acts, comedy skits, audience giveaways and more will unfold on his new show.
NPH is no stranger to going that extra mile for a few laughs (who else would strip down to their skivvies for the Oscars?!), but the funnyman has some pretty big shoes to fill when it comes to pulling practical jokes.
Check out some of our favorite celebrity pranks below, and tune into Best Time Ever when it premieres tonight at 10 p.m. on NBC.
1. George Clooney vs. Every Co-Star Ever: Hollywood's sexiest silver fox might also be its most notorious prankster. For years, Clooney has gone toe-to-toe with Brad Pritt, Tina Fey, Amy Poehler and even his own father with some pretty brutal stunts, but nothing quite compares to the on-set prank he pulled on The Monuments Men co-star Matt Damon.
Clooney's undercover work was so stealth that Damon didn't even find out until after filming wrapped that the actor had been stealing his clothes, and having them taken in, as to make Damon think he was gaining weight!
Clooney told E! News the joke was all in "good fun," adding, "It just makes me laugh, watching them eating like a grape the next day," he explained. Oh, George!
2. John Krasinski and Emily Blunt vs. Jimmy Kimmel: Now this is how you get in the holiday spirit. Every time the happiest season of the year all rolls around, Kimmel pulls some awesome pranks on the superstar couple.
Both teams go all out, vandalizing each other's homes and belongings with decked out Christmas decorations. This past year, John and Emily wrapped Jimmy's car on not one, but two, separate occasions with wrapping paper. When Jimmy unwrapped the hilarious present, thousands of Christmas tree ornaments rolled out of the car's trunk—a revenge prank at its finest.
3. Ashton Kutcher vs. Justin Timberlake: Was there anything better in television history than Punk'd? Case in point: Justin getting convinced he owed $900,000 in taxes and his homes and valuables were now in the hands of the U.S. government.
But after a pretty dramatic sob fest, Kutcher put an end to the quickly escalating incident and all was right in Timberlake land once again.
4. Arnold Schwarzenegger vs. Hollywood tourists: The Terminator came back in a big, big way for this laugh out loud practical joke. Ahead of the Terminator Genisys release, Arnie suited up in character to prank unsuspecting tourists at Madame Tussauds wax museum in West Hollywood while they posed with his "wax" figure.
This silly antic wasn't just for giggles, though. Schwarzenegger partnered with charity fundraising platform Omaze to offer one lucky fan the chance to attend the Terminator Genisys premiere, simply by donating $10 for entry into the raffle-like drawing. Donations benefited Schwarzenegger's charity After-School All-Star.
5. Matt Lauer vs. Ellen DeGeneres: Take notes, NPH! This is an epic prank take down. For more than two months, the TV stars went back and forth, with DeGeneres employing some clever editing to reveal the Today show co-host whippingFifty Shades of Grey star Jamie Dornan, and Lauer retaliating by dropping 20,000 ping-pong balls through the sunroof of Ellen's beloved Porsche Cayenne.
It all came to a head when DeGeneres released a racy video of Lauer lounging in his birthday suit as he shaves his legs, plays ping-pong and even slaps his butt with a paddle.