The 2015 Billboard Latin Music Awards are set to take place this evening and the impressive lineup of stars is gearing up for their epic dance-filled performances. Among the talent gracing the stage with their musical prowess will be Jennifer Lopez, Ne-Yo and Spanish pop star Natalia Jiménez.
If that last name doesn't ring any bells for you, consider taking note of this Madrid-based songstress and the many accomplishments she's attained throughout her blossoming career in the music industry.
The 33-year-old singer has been the cover star of several publications including InTrend and Vive Lista. She was also the winner of Lo Nuestro's Breakout Artist award.
1. Humble Beginnings: During a recent interview with Telemundo's Rashel Diaz, Natalia spoke of her struggles early in life. She often performed in the streets, and her hustle and work ethic have certainly paid off. Four No. 1 singles on the charts including "Algo Mas" and "Me Muero" aren't too shabby if you ask us.
2. She and Zayn Malik Have Something in Common: Who would've thought? They both left their group in order to pursue solo careers. Natalia was part of the Spanish pop band La 5ª Estación, but said in 2010 that the group will still exist despite their ongoing individual projects. Fans can rejoice knowing that they plan to create another album in the future.
3. All-Star Collaborations: This brunette beauty worked with award-winning artist Ricky Martin and the duo even performed their colloboration at the 2010 Latin Grammys. She added her impressive voice to the Spanish version of the single "The Best Thing About Me Is You," the very same hit song to which the sultry sounding Joss Stone covered in English.
4. Voice Coach: If you're looking to get your vocal pipes finely tuned, you've come to the right place. She is a coach on Telemundo's La Voz Kids alongside Daddy Yankee, who collaborated with Fergie for "Impacto," as well as the Grammy-winning recording artist Pedro Fernandez.
5. She's Old School: Natalia spent four years working on Creo en Mí, the 2015 follow up to her debut album. Why the long wait? "Nowadays, people do music so fast. I'm a little old-school," she told Billboard in March. "I wrote like 25 to 30 songs, and out of those, I chose the ones that I thought gave the album a certain shape and edge."
Be sure to tune in to Telemundo tonight at 8 p.m ET / 7 p.m. PT to see all of your favorite stars perform at the 2015 Billboard Latin Music Awards!
(E! and Telemundo are both part of the NBCUniversal family.)