Apple's iOS 8 update that was released on Wednesday was met with one cheer and one jeer.
Cheer: "Finally, racially diverse emojis!"
Jeer: "Where the hell is the middle finger emoji that we were promised?!"
Twitter had absolutely zero chill about the fact that no one can text middle fingers to haters, lovers, family and friends. What's the point of texting if you can't flip people the bird via emoji?! This might be worse than the lack of taco emoji. Or #TacolessGate2014-Present.
But until the day of middle finger reckoning is upon us, we came up with 15 alternatives that will work almost as well as just sending that flipping off emoji. They range from gentle indifference to seething hatred, so hopefully we've covered all the people in your life:
1. "Bye, Felicia. Done with you!"
2. "No one curr."
3. "Ugh, your resentment bores me."
4. "Deal with it."
5. "I'm so over this conversation I've already moved onto a boring, monotonous task that's still more exciting than what you're saying to me."
6. "Sorry not sorry."
7. "BRB, calling someone who cares."
8. "Dancing all over your hopes and dreams, hater."
9. "Cry me a river, build me a bridge and get over it."
10. "I will punch you so hard you'll go back in time to the '90s."
11. "Go to hell."
12. "I wish I could smack you in the face with fire."
13. "Go screw yourself."
14. "Eat s—t and die."
15. "I will one day be laughing while standing over your corpse."
See? You can still get real dark with your insults. So go forth and be free to text with vengeance in your heart, because we will be OK until the middle finger gets here