You win some, you loser some.
NBC has revealed the 22 new contestants who will battle the bulge and each other when the ninth season of The Biggest Loser kicks off Jan. 5.
Fresh off its second-chances-themed eighth season, the forthcoming Loser season will feature "couples," though not necessarily in the romantic sense.
This year's token superlative contestant, who has the dubious distinction of being the heaviest competitor ever in the heaviest season ever, tips the scales at 526 pounds and partners with his Italian mother. Other root-for-them contestants include identical twin brothers who together weigh nearly half a ton, as well as a cancer-surviving mother who pairs up with her daughter in an effort to restore her health.
Here's the rundown of the 11 teams that will compete for the $250,000 prize and the title of Biggest Loser:
• Sam Crutchfield, 30, human resources director; John Crutchfield, 30, senior marketing manager (twin brothers)
• Sam Poueu, 24, youth football coach and security guard; Koli Palu, 29, football coach and head of security (cousins)
• Melissa Morgan, 29, attorney; Lance Morgan, 38, rancher (married)
• Patti Anderson, 55, business owner; Stephanie Anderson, 29, radio sales executive (mother-daughter)
• Cherita Andrews, 50, homemaker; Vicky Andrews, 22, student (mother-daughter)
• Miggy Cancel, 48, chef; Migdalia Sebren, 28, homemaker (mother-daughter)
• Cheryl George, 50, store owner; Daris George, 25, salesman/deliveryman (mother-son)
• O'Neal Hampton Jr., 51, U.S. postal service station manager; SunShine Hampton, 24, restaurant server (father-daughter)
• Darrell Hough, 46, press operator/mechanic; Andrea Hough, 24, executive assistant (father-daughter)
• Sherry Johnston, 51, non-profit administrator; Ashley Johnston, 27, manager/esthetician (mother-daughter)
• Maria Ventrella, 51, corporate travel agent; Michael Ventrella, 30, DJ (mother-son)
Team WWK recently caught up with newly-crowned Biggest Loser winner Danny—get the skinny right now!