So, Brangelina is over, which means our worlds are over, right? (Unless you're #TeamJen, then you've just started to live).
Brad Pitt and Angelina Jolie are divorcing, and while it was definitely one of the biggest shocks to happen in 2016 (or perhaps the last decade), after taking a full night to digest the news, we here at E! News finally realized that this is not the end of the world. Why? Because other A-list power couples have divorced and lived to tell the tale. Debatably more important, we've also lived to tell the tale. We've gone through the divorces and splits, mourned the loss of relationships, embarked on the grueling mission of moving on and even managed to move on with these stars as they've entered other relationships.
Former A-list power couples have survived, and so did we.
Let's look back on other iconic couples that we thought would stand the test of time, only to prove that love isn't a sure thing.
1. Tom Cruise and Katie Holmes: After a whirlwind relationship, TomKat tied the knot in a lavish ceremony in Italy in 2006. In June 2012, after six years of marriage and one child together, Suri Cruise, the couple filed for divorce. Given their high-profile relationship, the news of divorce remained headline fodder for a long time.
Jason Merritt/Getty Images
2. Ben Affleck and Jennifer Garner: After 10 years of marriage and three children together, Bennifer filed for divorce over the summer of 2015, breaking hearts around the world. Nearly one year later, these two still aren't officially divorced, but the initial shock of the divorce filing as waned.
Christopher Polk/Getty Images For Nickelodeon
3. Nick Cannonand Mariah Carey: After seven years of marriage and the birth of "dem babies," Carey and Cannon called it quits in 2015. Carey has since moved on with billionaire James Packer, with whom she's set to tie the knot.
Dave M. Benett/Getty Images
4. Guy Ritchie and Madonna: After eight years of marriage, the movie director and iconic musician got divorced in 2008. They share son Rocco Ritchie together and entered into an intense custody battle in 2016.
5. Dennis Quaidand Meg Ryan: After 10 years of marriage, America's original sweetheart and Quaid divorce. The split came as a result of Quaid's ongoing infidelity and Ryan's high-profile affair with Russell Crowe, which added even more shock and surprise to the news. "But what wasn't in the story was the reality of my marriage for nine years. Dennis was not faithful to me for a long time, and that was very painful," she told InStyle. "I found out more about that once I was divorced...But Russell didn't break up the marriage. He was definitely there at the end, but it wasn't his fault."
Steve Granitz/Getty Images
6. Ryan Phillippeand Reese Witherspoon: After Cruel Intentions, the world was sold on this A-list couple, who share two children together. But after eight years of marriage these two decided to end it. Phillippe once stated it was a result of their young age, but that didn't make it any easier. Since then, Witherspoon has married Jim Toth and Phillippe got engaged to longtime girlfriend Paulina Slagter.
Mario Magnani/Getty Images
7. Chris Martinand Gwyneth Paltrow: It was the conscious uncoupling heard 'round the world. The Coldplay crooner and actress called it quits after 10 years of marriage and two kids together. Paltrow moved on with Brad Falchuk while Martin has been spotted with a couple of girlfriends, including Jennifer Lawrence and Annabelle Wallis.
8. Demi Moore and Bruce Willis: The Ghost actress and Die Hard star were married for a whopping 13 years before getting divorced. The former couple, who have three daughters together, each moved on in their romantic lives. Moore eventually married—and divorced—Ashton Kutcher, while Willis tied the knot with Emma Heming.
While reliving these splits might be painful, at least we know there's light at the end of the divorce tunnel.