Kylie Jenner has become known for her signature pout, but she admits that she took it a too far at the beginning.
Many fans see the 18-year-old Keeping Up With the Kardashians star as a beauty icon and her own Lip Kit lip product collections have proven to be immensely popular. But more than two years ago, when she debuted a plumped-up look at age 16, people appeared shocked by her appearance.
Check out nine things Kylie has said about her lips:
1. Biggest Beauty Mistake: Sister Kim Kardashian interviewed Kylie for Allure's August 2016 cover story. When asked what is the biggest beauty mistake she's ever made," Kylie responded, "Well, I definitely made my lips a little too big at one point."
"Yeah," Kim replied.
Getty Images; Melissa Hebeler/E! News
2. Lip Injections? Soon after she debuted her larger pout, the teen spurred rumors she had had her lips cosmetically enhanced.
"These plastic surgery rumors hurt my feelings to be honest and are kinda insulting," she tweeted in October 2014. "How long are we gonna talk about this lip thing lmao. Let's get our lives together guys and talk about some important s--t. Just talk about something new at least. I'm bored."
3. "So Sick" of the Rumors: "In pictures, I pout them out a lot. I think big lips are awesome. I feel like everyone has been talking about it for months, so I'm kind of so sick of it," she told E! News exclusively in November 2014. "I love lip liner and over lining my lips," she clarified. "But I don't even care anymore. I'm like, 'Whatever, just say whatever you want.'"
4. "I Haven't Had Plastic Surgery": In an interview with Grazia magazine, posted in April 2015, the reality star talked about the lip rumors again.
"I'm like, 'Stop talking about my lips,'" she said. "I haven't had plastic surgery. I've never been under the knife. People flashback to pictures of me when I was 12 and say, 'Kylie's so different,' but how can I look the same from 12-18?"
5. Kylie Says She Got "Lip Fillers" But "Didn't Lie": Kylie revealed on an episode of Keeping Up With the Kardashians that aired in May 2015, "I have temporary lip fillers, it's just an insecurity of mine and it's what I wanted to do."
"I want to admit to the lips, but people are so quick to judge me on everything, so I might have tiptoed around the truth," she added. "But I didn't lie."
Kylie also said on the show that sister Kendall Jenner told her her lips looked too big. Her mother Kris Jenner told Access Hollywood last year she "got really upset" with Kylie over the lip fillers, adding, "But, you know, once that was done, you know, she's my kid. I love my kid. We make mistakes."
6. "Thank God I Didn't End Up on Botched": Kylie told Kim in the recent Allure interview, "I got excited and felt like I needed to do a lot. And then you guys were like, 'Kylie, you need to chill.' And then I had to go back and have it fixed, and it was a crazy process. Thank God I didn't end up on Botched."
Dr. Paul Nassif, one of the plastic surgeons on the E! reality told E! News last October, when asked about Kylie's lip injections, "She's always, just like the rest of these girls, she has nice lips already. She already has beautiful, full lips."
"I find it fascinating because I think Kylie has become such a huge star now that she actually can start a trend," fellow surgeon and Botched star Dr. Terry Dubrow said. "She started a trend of young girls coming into our office with pictures of Kylie, showing her lips, wanting her lips."
He said he and Nassif do not encourage patients 17 or younger to start "cosmetic enhancements."
7. Kylie Reveals Her Lip Secret: The teen told The New York Times in September 2015 that Dr. Simon Ourian in Beverly Hills was the doctor responsible for her lip fillers.
"I still do Juvéderm for my lips. I go to Dr. Ourian in Beverly Hills. He's the best, and he's super natural about it," she said. "I was going to somebody before, and it was just looking crazy."
"I would recommend that anyone who gets it done go for a filler that lasts only two to four months," she added. "It's annoying to keep going back, but you have the option of stopping it."
8. Lips, Yes...But Boobs or Nose, No: In an interview with Wonderland, posted this past February, Kylie reiterated that she "never lied" about getting her lips done and also added, "And then people took that and were like, 'Oh well, if she got her lips done she probably got everything done'. People don't realize I just turned 18, so there's no way my mom would ever let me undergo a nose job or a boob job."
9. Plump It Up: Lip fillers aside, Kylie continues to enhance her pout with makeup and poses.
"Everyone keeps thinking I'm making my lips bigger, but this is them normally," she said in a Snapchat video in March. "And then this is when I push them out and do my little face."
"The fact that we still talk about my lips is so crazy," Kylie added.
Watch Keeping Up With the Kardashians Sundays at 9 p.m. on E!
Also watch Botched Tuesdays at 9 p.m., only on E!