Brad Pitt. Angelina Jolie. Leonardo DiCaprio. Kate Winslet. Sean Penn. Meryl Streep. Tom Cruise. Anne Hathaway. Heath Ledger.
Even Miley Cyrus.
Think the Golden Globes missed having movie stars around last year?
The A-plus-listers are all among the nominees for the 66th Annual Golden Globes, as announced this morning.
The Curious Case of Benjamin Button, Frost/Nixon, The Reader, Revolutionary Road and Slumdog Millionaire comprise the Best Motion Picture, Drama field.
Burn After Reading, Happy-Go-Lucky, In Bruges, Mamma Mia! and Vicky Cristina Barcelona are up for Best Motion Picture, Musical or Comedy.
Cruise scored a supporting actor nomination for his unbilled, unhinged Tropic Thunder cameo. Robert Downey Jr. is up in the same category for the same film.
DiCaprio got some love for Revolutionary Road—he's up for lead actor in a drama.
Pitt and Jolie are up in the lead drama categories for the usual, Benjamin Button and Changeling, respectively.
Pitt's Benjamin Button tied with Doubt and Frost/Nixon for the most film nominations—five. Streep pulled a two-fer, with twin Best Actress noms in both the drama (Doubt) and comedy/musical (Mamma Mia!) races. Also doubling up, were Winslet (Best Actress, Drama for Revolutionary Road and Supporting Actress for The Reader) and Tom Wilkinson (Best Actor in a TV Miniseries/Movie for Recount and Supporting Actor in TV for John Adams).
One other category worth spotlighting is Best Song, which pits the Cyrus-penned "I Thought I Lost You" from Bolt against tunes from Bruce Springsteen, Beyoncé, Peter Gabriel and, yes, Clint Eastwood. (Eastwood is also up for Best Original Score for Changeling, but not, curiously, for his directing.)
On the TV side, Tina Fey's very good year continued today with three Golden Globe nominations for 30 Rock. Entourage matched that total, the most of any TV comedy series.
In Treatment scored five nods, tops for a TV drama series. It tied the HBO movie Recount for the most overall nominations.
30 Rock and Entourage will compete for Best TV Series, Comedy or Musical against Californication, The Office and Weeds.
In Treatment will vie for Best TV Series, Drama opposite Dexter, House, Mad Men and True Blood.
Fey also notched an acting nomination, as did her costar, Alec Baldwin.
The 66th Annual Golden Globes are to be presented by stars, and to stars—unlike last year's strike-struck affair—on Jan. 11.
Here is the complete list of nominations:
BEST MOTION PICTURE, DRAMA
- The Curious Case of Benjamin Button
- The Reader
- Revolutionary Road
- Slumdog Millionaire
BEST MOTION PICTURE, COMEDY
- Burn After Reading
- In Bruges
- Mamma Mia!
- Vicky Cristina Barcelona
- Leonardo DiCaprio, Revolutionary Road
- Frank Langella, Frost/Nixon
- Sean Penn, Milk
- Brad Pitt, The Curious Case of Benjamin Button
- Mickey Rourke, The Wrestler
- Anne Hathaway, Rachel Getting Married
- Angelina Jolie, Changeling
- Meryl Streep, Doubt
- Kristin Scott Thomas, I've Loved You So Long
- Kate Winslet, Revolutionary Road
ACTOR, COMEDY OR MUSICAL
- Javier Bardem, Vicky Cristina Barcelona
- Colin Farrell, In Bruges
- James Franco, Pineapple Express
- Brendan Gleeson, In Bruges
- Dustin Hoffman, Last Chance Harvey
ACTRESS, COMEDY OR MUSICAL
- Rebecca Hall, Vicky Cristina Barcelona
- Sally Hawkins, Happy-Go-Lucky
- Frances McDormand, Burn After Reading
- Meryl Streep, Mamma Mia!
- Emma Thompson, Last Chance Harvey
- Tom Cruise, Tropic Thunder
- Robert Downey Jr., Tropic Thunder
- Ralph Fiennes, The Duchess
- Heath Ledger, The Dark Knight
- Philip Seymour Hoffman, Doubt
- Amy Adams, Doubt
- Penélope Cruz, Vicky Cristina Barcelona
- Viola Davis, Doubt
- Marisa Tomei, The Wrestler
- Kate Winslet, The Reader
- Danny Boyle, Slumdog Millionaire
- Stephen Daldry, The Reader
- David Fincher, The Curious Case of Benjamin Button
- Ron Howard, Frost/Nixon
- Sam Mendes, Revolutionary Road
- Simon Beaufoy, Slumdog Millionaire
- David Hare, The Reader
- Peter Morgan, Frost/Nixon
- Eric Roth, The Curious Case of Benjamin Button
- John Patrick Shanley, Doubt
FOREIGN LANGUAGE FILM
- The Baader Meinhof Complex (Germany)
- Everlasting Moments (Sweden)
- Gomorrah (Italy)
- I've Loved You So Long (France)
- Waltz with Bashir (Israel)
ANIMATED FEATURE FILM
- Kung Fu Panda
- Alexandre Desplat, The Curious Case of Benjamin Button
- Clint Eastwood, Changeling
- James Newton Howard, Defiance
- A.R. Rahman, Slumdog Millionaire
- Hans Zimmer, Frost/Nixon
- "Down to Earth," WALL-E; music by Peter Gabriel, Thomas Newman; lyrics by Peter Gabriel
- "Gran Torino," Gran Torino; music by Clint Eastwood, Jamie Cullum, Kyle Eastwood, Michael Stevens; lyrics by Kyle Eastwood, Michael Stevens
- "I Thought I Lost You," Bolt; music & lyrics by Miley Cyrus, Jeffrey Steele
- "Once in a Lifetime," Cadillac Records; music & lyrics by Beyoncé Knowles, Amanda Ghost, Scott McFarnon, Ian Dench, James Dring, Jody Street
- "The Wrestler," The Wrestler; music & lyrics by Bruce Springsteen
TELEVISION SERIES, DRAMA
- In Treatment
- Mad Men
- True Blood
ACTRESS IN A TELEVISION SERIES, DRAMA
- Sally Field, Brothers & Sisters
- Mariska Hargitay, Law & Order: Special Victims Unit
- January Jones, Mad Men
- Anna Paquin, True Blood
- Kyra Sedgwick, The Closer
ACTOR IN A TELEVISION SERIES, DRAMA
- Gabriel Byrne, In Treatment
- Michael C. Hall, Dexter
- Jon Hamm, Mad Men
- Hugh Laurie, House
- Jonathan Rhys Meyers, The Tudors
TELEVISION SERIES, COMEDY OR MUSICAL
- 30 Rock
- The Office
ACTRESS IN A TELEVISION SERIES, COMEDY OR MUSICAL
- Christina Applegate, Samantha Who?
- America Ferrera, Ugly Betty
- Tina Fey, 30 Rock
- Debra Messing, The Starter Wife
- Mary-Louise Parker, Weeds
ACTOR IN A TELEVISION SERIES, COMEDY OR MUSICAL
- Alec Baldwin, 30 Rock
- Steve Carell, The Office
- Kevin Connolly, Entourage
- David Duchovny, Californication
- Tony Shalhoub, Monk
MINISERIES OR MOTION PICTURE MADE FOR TELEVISION
- A Raisin in the Sun
- Bernard and Doris
- John Adams
ACTRESS IN A MINISERIES OR MOTION PICTURE MADE FOR TELEVISION
- Judi Dench, Cranford
- Catherine Keener, An American Crime
- Laura Linney, John Adams
- Shirley MacLaine, Coco Chanel
- Susan Sarandon, Bernard and Doris
ACTOR IN A MINISERIES OR MOTION PICTURE MADE FOR TELEVISION
- Ralph Fiennes, Bernard and Doris
- Paul Giamatti, John Adams
- Kevin Spacey, Recount
- Kiefer Sutherland, 24: Redemption
- Tom Wilkinson, Recount
ACTRESS IN A SUPPORTING ROLE IN A SERIES, MINISERIES OR MOTION PICTURE MADE FOR TELEVISION
- Eileen Atkins, Cranford
- Laura Dern, Recount
- Melissa George, In Treatment
- Rachel Griffiths, Brothers & Sisters
- Dianne Wiest, In Treatment
ACTOR IN A SUPPORTING ROLE IN A SERIES, MINISERIES OR MOTION PICTURE MADE FOR TELEVISION
- Neil Patrick Harris, How I Met Your Mother
- Denis Leary, Recount
- Jeremy Piven, Entourage
- Blair Underwood, In Treatment
- Tom Wilkinson, John Adams
(Originally published Dec. 11 at 6:05 a.m. PT.)