Well, at least we have a dramatic reunion special to look forward to, Real Housewives of Atlanta fans.
As the Bravo hit wrapped up its eighth season tonight, it did so with little fireworks, little drama, and little fun, to be quite honest. While there were seeds of future drama planted here and there (which we'll certainly get to in just a minute), a majority of the episode was consumed by one of Phaedra Parks' ludicrous parties and a thoroughly uncomfortable massage session between Cynthia Bailey and her husband Peter Thomas. Seriously, we may never fully shake the image of Peter on that massage table.
But like we said, there were some seeds planted that ought to be ripe and ready when the reunion begins next week, namely involving Phaedra and her rocky relationship with Kandi Burruss. While Phaedra was away visiting Apollo Nida with her boys, it appears the Feds were tipped off about just who was housing some of her husband's possessions, prompting search and seizure visits at both Kandi and Cynthia's homes. Who told? If it was Phaedra, she isn't telling (seriously, she literally ran away from people when it was brought up tonight), but come on—it was totally her. Next time, maybe just give your friends a little head's up so they're not scared silly when the Feds come a-calling?
Kandi's husband Todd Tucker also let slip that Phaedra's promise earlier in the season to deliver the check she owed him was still only paid in half. We expect much yelling between these two former friends.
Other than that, the episode was just a bunch of moments with people making up—and what fun is that? Kandi and NeNe Leakes seeing each other for the first time since last season's explosive reunion, agreed to start over. Sheree Whitfield and her ex-husband Bob are moving forward with their reconciliation, slowly but surely. Phaedra and Kim Fields' husband Chris Morgan did a little dance number and no one questioned his sexuality. It was all so mature—and all so boring.
Bring on the reunion drama. Please.
- Nothing says holiday party like: "You know, winter wonderland meets fabulously freaky Phaedra."
- Dwight's back! Phaedra's out-of-his-mind party planner returned to plan her bonkers holiday party, coming face-to-face with NeNe for the first time in a long time—and earning some of her first-class shade. "I haven't seen Dwight in many, many years. So many things have changed. Like Dwight had his nose done. He can now breathe."
- There are way too many jokes to be made about Kenya dressed as the Grinch to choose just one.
- Seriously, we're going to have nightmares about Cynthia and Peter on that massage table. Why do that on camera? WHY?
- "I don't want the pancake with the little raisin on it." Neither do we, Kandi. Neither do we.
What did you think about RHOA's season finale?
The Real Housewives of Atlanta's three-part reunion special premieres Sunday, March 20 at 8 p.m. on Bravo.
(E! and Bravo are both part of the NBCUniversal family.)