The world is ending. Well, maybe not the world, but The X-Files' new run of episodes is coming to an end with a potentially world-ending event. In the Monday. Feb. 22 finale, "My Struggle II," things have looked better for Agents Mulder (David Duchovny) and Scully (Gillian Anderson). The threads from the premiere episode—you know, that little thing about the American government using alien technology against its own people—are picked right back up in the last episode of the revival event series.
Here's what you need to know and every preview you need to see before everything comes to an end (or doesn't) in the explosive final episode:
1. Tad O'Malley (Joel McHale) returns and tells the world everybody has alien DNA in them.
2. Scully's not really buying that, but she tested herself and there was some wonky DNA up in there. Is the American government making everybody sick with this DNA? Something is up.
3. Mulder gets the crap beat out of him, but lives to tell the tale.
4. He's also missing and ignoring Scully's calls, which is just rude if you ask us.
5. Monica Reyes (Annabeth Gish) is back and she has some news for Scully. News Scully won't be happy with it seems and from the sounds of it, she had a meeting with the Cigarette Smoking Man (William B. Davis) way back in the day, over a decade ago. Welp…
6. Miller (Robbie Amell) and Einstein (Lauren Ambrose) are also back to help fight the good fight, we assume. Will Mulder and Scully: The Next Generation survive the ordeal?
7. Chris Carter wrote and directed the big finale episode. While there are no official plans for more adventures of Mulder and Scully, he told us he doesn't consider this to be their last stand. "I don't think it's it for Mulder and Scully, but I have to say, there's no guarantee that we're coming back," Carter told E! News about the finale. "So, while I see Mulder and Scully and stories down the way, we end up on a very big cliff."
The X-Files airs Mondays, 8 p.m. on Fox.