All aboard the Spaleb ship!
Pretty Little Liars has a not new couple, but not everybody seems to be a fan.
It only took one episode after we first learned of Spencer and Caleb's new friendship for them to hook up, and while we felt momentary pangs of Haleb, we also found ourselves weirdly in favor of the new pairing. He may be Hanna's ex-boyfriend, and she may be one of Hanna's best friends, but there's something about this couple that we just can't get over.
Sure, 90% of our love for them has to do with their incredibly hot hook-up at the end of last night's episode, but we sort of started rooting for them the moment we learned they became friends in Spain.
1. He and Hanna dated in high school, and while it's only been a few months for us, it's been years for them. It's not as if they just broke up.
2. Same for Spencer and Toby. Things change, people move on, and it's OK.
3. Spencer asked for permission, and Hanna freely gave it. If Hanna really felt weird about it, she should have said so. (She obviously couldn't, because this is a TV show, but still…)
4. And if she had said so, that would be weird, since she's very much engaged to another guy who seems pretty cool.
5. They made hand-holding so hot. We actually gasped!
6. This fling may last for five minutes before things get incredibly messy, so why not have some fun with it while we get scenes like this?
7. And, similar to how Lost was able to make viewers buy Sawyer and Juliet's having three years worth of memories in one scene (no easy feat), PLL was able to do the same with these two reminiscing about their European adventures together.
8. It's kind of nice to see a realistic, relatable issue on this show, that has yet to be tainted or even touched by "A"'s shenanigans. And moving forward, we're interested to see if Caleb and/or Spencer will still feel any insecurity when it comes to the other's feelings for their respective ex. Is that an obstacle they both can overcome?
9. Even Tyler Blackburn seems to be feeling the surprising new pairing. "Right now, Caleb is team
#Spaleb. Although he will always love Hannah," the actor said to a fan during a Twitter Q&A.
10. You guys, this can lead to a shirtless showdown between Caleb and Toby. We. All. Win.
11. Unpopular opinion time: We loved when Gossip Girl decided to pair up Dan and Blair, two of its smartest characters (similar to Spencer and Caleb), and this feels very reminiscent of that, with the five-year time-jump actually making it even more believable and easier to buy into.