Being single on Valentine's Day is not so bad if you have the right attitude. We know you probably want to slap us right now for saying that but let us assure you, that statement is true. We've rounded up a list of ways to enjoy V-Day with friends or even on your own. Ask yourself, do you really want to sit around and be sad all day? Do you really want to mope in your misery? Or would you rather find fun and productive ways to get your mind off this wild day? We vote yes on that last option. Read on if you refuse to let this day defeat you. You're better than this. Onward, BB's!
1. Dating Apps. Often a swipe or ten around Tinder is enough to melt your eyeballs out. The last thing someone wants on the most romantic day of the year is to match with some insensitive bozo. You know the type. That one butthead who says he's picking you up to go to a cool bar, but that bar turns out to be a makeshift tiki stand in the basement of his mom's apartment. Next!
If you're looking for someone a little more tender, you could try Spoonr! If and only if you're able to look over the potential creepiness of it all. This app was created just for the purpose of meeting someone to cuddle. If that sounds appealing, it could be right for you. Sometimes you don't always want to go home with someone you know is about to look like a two when you wake up. Sometimes, a little cuddling is just enough to navigate you safely through this delicate day. Who knows, maybe they'll end up being the one!? Be careful out there kiddos.
2. Mantra's and Chocolate. One of the most important things to know to get through this day with a positive attitude? You're not always going to be single. Believe it or not, you're not always going to feel like a fart on this holiday either. Rest assured your Prince or Princess Charming are indeed on their way forging through the forest to find their way to your heart. In the meantime, in the event they lose GPS service or something, you have can buy Godiva chocolates to distract you until their arrival. If you mix it in with your green juice it can't be that bad for you, right?
Image Source/Getty Images
3. Road Trip. Take a mini solo road trip. Nothing is better than driving a few hours out of town, getting into nature and meeting cool people along the way. You won't feel so alone when you're busy focusing on the road and the beauty of the drive around you! Who knows, you might meet the one while you're stopping for a drink or buying refill Oreo's at a small-town gas station. You never know. Keep those positive vibes high, BB! You can do it!
New Line Cinema
4. Sleepover and Movie Night. Get old school and have a straight-up sleepover with your closest friends. Order tons of V-Day candy and write love letters to each other. Rent The Notebook, cry it out, but then make sure to finish the night off with a bunch of power-betch movies. Make sure they're the ones that make you realize you are strong, worthy and don't need a boo to validate your self-worth. Take cues from kick-ass chicks like Agent Scully from the X-Files, Uma Thurman in Kill Bill, and even Buffy the Vampire Slayer (for nostalgia's sake)!
5. Nap it off. For real. If all else proves too difficult, nap the whole damn day. There's no easier way to get through your day than to sleep through it. Just think, tomorrow, when you wake up, it will be Feb. 15. You did it, boo, you made it out alive.
How will you spend V-Day if you find yourself solo? Give us some suggestions in the comments!
Kris Jenner reveals sweet Valentine's Day Plans!