Jennifer Lawrence beat out her bestie Amy Schumer. Leonardo DiCaprio, Denzel Washington and Sylvester Stallone received standing ovations.
And Ricky Gervais spared no one.
You saw all that and more when the Golden Globes were aired live last night on NBC.
But there was plenty going down that the cameras didn't catch.
Here, I give you eight things you didn't see on TV during the 73rd annual Golden Globes…
1. Squawk Box: During commercials breaks, old friends and new ones scatter around the room saying hello to each other and catching up. Not only did Jennifer Lawrence and Nicholas Hoult reunite, but also seen chatting were Katy Perry and Kate Winslet, Jenna Dewan-Tatum, Channing Tatum and Jada Pinkett-Smith, Damian Lewis and Joanne Froggatt, The Wiz co-stars Uzo Aduba and Queen Latifah, Sophia Bush and Olivia Wilde, Lady Gaga and Taraji P. Henson, Bryan Cranston and Kate Hudson and Will Smith and Mark Wahlberg, among many others.
2. Pitt Stop: Schumer introduced herself to Brad Pitt and Christian Bale. As she bent down to chat with them at The Big Short table, she jokingly shouted to a shutterbug, "Hey, Mr. Photographer, get this picture." Later in the evening, Jim Carrey introduced himself to the Trainwreck star when he joined her table after presenting The Martian with the Globe for Best Motion Picture – Musical or Comedy.
3. Season's Greetings: Look for Garrett Hedlund to make an appearance on Taraji P. Henson and Terrence Howard's next holiday television special. "You're on it next year. I mean that!" Henson told the Tron actor while chatting with him and his Golden Globe nominee girlfriend Kirsten Dunst. Later, as she walked by Hedlund, Henson suddenly jerked forward and asked, "What am I tripping on?" Then she let out a laugh, "Bitch, you're tripping on your own self! I'm stepping on my own dress."
4. Drink Up: Matt Damon knows how to celebrate. Shortly after winning his Globe, he returned to his table with a beer in his hand. Saoirse Ronan also enjoyed a cold one during the show.
5. Bosom Buddies: Jane Fonda and Dwayne "The Rock" Johnson are friends? The two gave each other a big hug and kiss hello just before the show started. Fonda and Will Smith also have some history. The Concussion star blew some kisses to the acting legend before she cooed, "You're so good. So good. Your film is so important."
6. The Hunger Games: Melissa McCarthy handed a couple of Kind bars she had in her bag to a friend who missed the dinner portion of the evening (the meal is served and cleared before the show begins). And speaking of food, I spotted Helen Mirren carrying not one, but two plates of food through the ballroom.
8. Awkward: Gabourey Sidibe's reaction to Gervais' "sugar t--s" joke directed at Mel Gibson? "This is getting weird," she said to some of her Empire costars gathered toward the back of the ballroom.
7. Hart Attack: Felicity Huffman is a Kevin Hart fan. After she introduced herself to the Ride Along 2 star, the American Crime actress gushed to Queen Latifah, "He is so funny. I love him."