And the mayhem in the monarchy continues!
Sunday night's brand-new episode of The Royals conclusively confirms the answer to the mystery of who viciously murdered King Simon in cold blood! Elsewhere, Queen Helena continues to show her sincere side by warning King Cyrus' new fiancée about what she's getting herself into, Princess Eleanor supports a friend in need and Jeffrey Stewart begins plotting his revenge.
Before next week's explosive season finale, recap the latest episode with these seven OMG moments!
1. Prince Liam tells Jasper how he can win his sister back: After seeing Lucius on the security cameras inside the palace on the night of King Simon's murder, Jasper tells Liam it is impossible for him to be the attacker—even though he confessed. "If he didn't do it, who did?" Liam ponders. Although they have run out of clues, Jasper is determined to solve the mystery and hopefully earn Princess Eleanor's forgiveness. "There's no such thing as a perfect crime," the bodyguard says. "We must be missing something."
As he leaves to continue the hunt, Liam takes the opportunity to give him extra motivation. "Jasper, I know I told you to be great for Lenny," he says. "This is it." Unfortunately, Prince Liam has yet to find out the reason Jasper came to the palace in the first place…
2. Ted Pryce commands Jasper to stop looking for King Simon's murderer: When Ted gets wind that Jasper is still investigating the late King's death and secretly looking at security footage, he is not happy. He calls the bodyguard into his office, confiscates his gun and threatens him if he doesn't cease and desist. "Mr. Frost, there are experts who are paid to make this their work," he reprimands. "Your work, however, is to keep the Prince safe. What you're doing is not only distracting, it's dangerous!"
Jasper counters, "Well, doesn't it make it more dangerous without my weapon." Ted then completely loses his temper. "There's nothing you should know beyond this: The King's murderer is in prison!" he yells. "Let it go."
3. Queen Helena learns who ordered the hit on Alistair Lacey: Queen Helena decides to confront Lucius face-to-face after learning that he didn't kill her first love. She has him summoned from prison to tell him the news. "Alistair Lacey is alive," she informs Lucius. "While your intentions were shameful, it seems you're no murderer and, if shameless intentions mattered around here, we'd all be in prison."
Queen Helena wants to absolve him of all his crimes, but he refuses and maintains he was the one who killed King Simon, which she already knows is not true. "You're in prison for a crime you didn't commit," she says. "Why would you want to protect this?" He confesses that he's taking the fall because he believes the monarchy won't survive another scandal and he wants to defend it. But before he returns to his cell, he drops a little secret. "Cyrus told me to kill Alistair," he reveals.
4. Queen Helena warns Prudence about the dangers of the monarchy: After Cyrus announces his engagement and impending fatherhood, Queen Helena pays former maid Prudence a visit to have a chat and give her a warning. "I promise I'm here out of concern for you and your son," she says. "Cyrus is a dangerous man."
But Prudence isn't interested in her opinions. "I know everything I need to know about the King," she replies. Queen Helena doesn't give up that easily. "But hear me as a mother," she continues. "Royalty is irreversible. If you expose your son to this life, to this world, there's no going back." Prudence is extremely stubborn and snaps, "My son is going to enjoy the same life that you have and once I marry the King I'll be Queen and you'll be irrelevant."
She then tells Helena she plans to name her son Simon after her slain husband. Helena responds, "He wanted to disband the monarchy. Ask yourself why. My firstborn son is gone. Protect yours."
5. Princess Eleanor rushes to Imogen's rescue: After bumping into Imogen at her birthday party and reuniting for drinks, Princess Eleanor receives a panicked phone call from her new friend. When she arrives at her hotel, she finds her completely bloody and bruised after a brutal beating by one of her so-called boyfriend's associates. "Victor loaned me to him," Imogen confesses as she tells her what happened.
"We're going to get out of here," Eleanor says. "We're going to go back to the palace and figure this out." But Imogen is too scared to leave because she is Victor's "property." But Eleanor quickly corrects her. "You're nobody's property ever," she tells her. "The world is a big place and the rest of your life is a really long time." But before they can make a run for it, Victor comes back in a fury and corners them in the bathroom. After Victor busts in and threatens the Princess with a knife, Jasper and Mr. Hill arrive just in time to rescue the girls.
6. Ted shows Jeffrey Stewart who really murdered his sister, Dominique: After sneakily hiding a camera in the palace, Ted shows Jeffrey the footage of the Grand Duchess confessing to his sister's murder. "I've been chasing this moment for so many years," he says, after finally learning the truth. Ted responds, "It must be nice to have reached the end." Not so fast! Jeffrey is now determined to seek revenge more than ever. "It's only the beginning, Mr. Pryce," he says. "We have work to do, so much work to do."
7. Jasper finally uncovers who killed King Simon: Still determined to expose the truth, Jasper finds two kids who skateboard and film themselves in the area where King Simon was attacked. They tell Jasper they hid a camera on top of a building nearby, which they never told the police about. They give Jasper the footage so he can finally discover who stabbed the King that fateful night. It was Ted!
Meanwhile, Princess Eleanor finally tells Liam about Jasper's true identity and his previous plan to steal the diamond from the palace. When Jasper runs to tell Liam what he's found, Liam attacks him and punches him in the face. But he stops the assault when Jasper screams six words: "I know who killed your father!"
Watch the season finale of The Royals next Sunday at 10 p.m., only on E!