The secret is out: Amy Schumer is channeling her inner Carrie Bradshaw by dating a real-life Aidan Shaw. The Trainwreck star's new boyfriend, whose name is actually Ben Hanisch, is a 29-year-old hunky furniture designer, so he really is Aidan. But instead of New York City, Hanisch is living life in the Windy City AKA Chicago.
OK so there's a lot more you should probably know about the man who stole Schumer's heart. In fact, here are five things to know about Hanisch, who was once a design consultant for HGTV (we're liking that résumé.).
1) Hanisch's furniture designs aren't your average, run-of-the-mill tables. A source tells E! News he "designs really cool, unique stuff. His pieces are very high quality." His designs are part of the company he founded, The Last Workshop. It's probably safe to say that anyone who is a custom furniture designer/company owner by trade is a little artsy, which leads us to factoid No. 2...
2) "He's kind of a hipster," the source adds. "I would call him hipster-esque." Schumer's sense of humor and personality always seemed off the beaten path, often poking fun at herself for never fitting into the Hollywood lifestyle, so it's only fitting she would date someone who chooses to forge his own path.
3) As a normal guy (normal in the sense that he's not a celebrity), Hanisch is said to be a "super nice, chill guy." Another source adds that there "are no airs about him. He's very down-to-earth."
4) He might not be famous, but he enjoys his Hollywood entertainment. When he's not designing furniture he's watching some of his favorite movies such as Pulp Fiction, Memento and No Country for Old Men. He's also a fan of Chicago Fire and Chicago P.D. But as a Chicagoan, that's not a surprise.
5) He has a sense of humor that can go toe-to-toe with Amy's! Ever since the news broke about Amy's new beau, she has been posting humorous tweets and comments on Twitter and Instagram. Hanisch posted a photo of his dog and the comedienne commented, "I'm pregnant." (She's not). She also tweeted, "IAS season 5 got picked up! And my boyfriend and I got engaged and married and had a baby and he cheated on me with the nanny! Entertainment."
More important than these fun facts, however, is that Hanisch seems to feel pretty #blessed having met his special woman. He shared an adorable couple's pic and captioned it, "Sometimes in life you get extremely lucky, and the smartest, funniest, most beautiful woman comes along when you least expect it. Here's to what adventures 2016 brings!"