Kevin Winter/Getty Images
Who's that young and adorable actor on stage?!
That's what many viewers may have been asking Sunday night when 9-year-old Jacob Tremblay accepted the Best Young Actor award at the 2016 Critics' Choice Awards for his role in Room.
"This is super cool. This is the best day of my life," he told the crowd when accepting his special trophy. "I first want to say thank you to all the critics who voted for me. It must be a super hard vote because of all the other great actor this is this category."
Super hard, but totally understandable. Beyond being incredibly talented, here are five things to know about Jacob:
1. He's a 9-year-old from Canada: Jacob was born in Vancouver, British Colombia, on Oct. 5, 2006, making him just 9-years-old and one of the youngest winners around. Some other youngsters to be nominated for major awards include Justin Henry, Drew Barrymore and Quvenzhané Wallis.
2. He first starred in a film at 7 years old in 2013: He was featured in the short film The Great Sambini & Booger the Magic Ferret. He also starred in The Smurfs 2 alongside Neil Patrick Harris in 2013 as well as Before I Wake in 2015. He has two films that are scheduled for release in 2016—Shut In with Naomi Watts and Burn Your Maps –and is currently filming a third movie called, The Book of Henry.
3. His favorite actor is Johnny Depp: At the Governor's Awards in November, Jacob took to Twitter to share a photo beside the iconic actor. He wrote, "Last night I met my favorite actor #JohnnyDepp! We are now best buddies! #Mindblown #GovAwards."
4. He loves Legos and Star Wars: When he's not acting, you can catch Jacob building things with his Legos or watching Star Wars, according to his Instagram profile. For further proof, here's a video of him singing to Larson for her birthday while wearing a Star Wars sweatshirt.
5. He's a family guy: He named his father—a Vancouver police officer—as his hero, and as the middle child, he's continuously sharing photos with his two sisters, Emma and Erica Tremblay.