Suge Knight fainted in a Los Angeles courtroom on Friday after a hearing over a murder and hit-and-run case, during which a judge set his bail at $25 million.
This marked the second medical emergency the 49-year-old former CEO of Death Row Records has suffered during his legal proceedings in a little more than a month. Several deputies rushed to his aid after he collapsed in his seat and he was later taken to a hospital.
His lawyer Matt Fletcher told reporters that Knight collapsed from lack of food and medication for his diabetes and blood clots, which were diagnosed last year. He added that the music mogul did not eat anything before the hearing and last took his medication on Thursday.
"He hit his head on the chair on the way down I believe," he said.
He said Knight was being held in solitary confinement during the legal proceedings.
"He's being treated worse than Charles Manson," Fletcher said, adding that Knight had no hot water.
Los Angeles jail officials have not commented.
Fletcher also said he had spoken with Knight in a holding cell and noticed he was sweating and that his eyelid appeared to flutter.
"He was dripping sweat," the lawyer said, adding that the music mogul told him he hadn't had his medication.
The two then returned to the courtroom and Knight collapsed moments later.
Knight is accused of running over two men with a pickup truck in Compton, California following an argument. One of them died in the collision while the other was injured. His lawyer says this is a case of self-defense.
In February, a month after the incident, he pleaded not guilty to charges of murder, attempted murder and hit and run and was then hospitalized after reporting he felt unwell.
Earlier this month, Knight talked about his health ailments with a judge, saying he was blind in one eye and had only about 15 percent vision in his other eye, had been shot six times last year and had suffered a blood clot in his lungs and other complications, according to NBC News.
In November, the music mogul was diagnosed with blood clots after suffering a fall in a jail cell in Las Vegas, where he was detained for an unrelated robbery case, to which he has pleaded not guilty.
Knight's attorney reiterated on Friday that the music mogul was attacked before the deadly vehicle collision and that he expects a trial to begin in April. If convicted, Knight could face life in prison.