A police investigation will no doubt flesh out the details of what exactly happened to Heath Ledger. In the meantime, here's what we know surrounding his sudden death:
- The NYPD confirmed, and then later retracted, that Ledger had died in Mary-Kate Olsen's apartment. Her rep has also denied the report.
- The actor was found surrounded by sleeping pills. But as of 5:15 p.m., the NYPD is saying there was no "obvious sign" of suicide.
- Cops also confirmed it was a housekeeper who found Ledger's body after entering the actor's bedroom to alert him that his masseuse had arrived for an afternoon appointment.
- Michelle Williams was believed to be at the Sundance Film Festival, but according to TMZ, she's already on a plane to NYC. A source told E! Online that Ledger took their breakup very hard. "Heath is usually a pretty private guy," says the insider, "but he told us it hurt a lot. That was unusual for him."
- Meanwhile, Heath's former ex Naomi Watts, just pulled out of doing Park City press for her movie Funny Games, which had been scheduled for tomorrow.
Stay tuned. More details are likely to emerge overnight.