It's Monday night. Do you know where your Emmys are?
If you don't know, it was just on your TV because NBC was scared of the MTV VMAs and Sunday Night Football, so Monday night broadcast it is! And you might have missed it, which is awful because tomorrow morning everyone at your office will know you missed it and probably make fun of you. And your morale will dip and you'll start to slack off and you could get fired.
So you need to catch up and look at these GIFs to save your job. What are you waiting for?! SCROLL!
Here are the 19 most important things you missed:
1. Billy (Eichner) on the Street appeared to make this Emmy broadcast less terrible:
2. Ricky Gervais proved he has a perfect face for Netflix:
3. Weird Al Yankovic surprised us with a TV theme song mashup:
4. And George R.R. Martin was there, desperately trying to finish his next book (and probably killing off a main character in the most brutal fashion):
5. Bryan Cranston made out really hard with Julia Louis-Dreyfus, which was awesome except for it was obviously a planned bit which meant JLD knew she would win which kind of leaves a bad taste in our mouth:
6. Still, Bryan Cranston's tonguing skills (and that 'stache) FTW:
7. Kathy Bates won and could hardly believe it:
9. Modern Family won everything again (ugh, but we love you, Ty Burrell):
10. Breaking Bad also won everything again (yay!):
11. Jon Hamm did not win this year:
12. And Jim Parsons won for the billionth time:
15. Julia Roberts did not know why they used a particular clip of her performance in The Normal Heart:
18. The celebs in the audience did a funny Q&A with host Seth Meyers:
19. And they put Sofía Vergara on a rotating platform because of feminism:
And that was the 2014 Emmys. See you next year, everyone!