HBO, NBC, Getty Images, Netflix
HBO, NBC, Getty Images, Netflix
Ah, the Emmys.
The wonderful night of year when us TV fanatics feel like the ultimate belles of the ball. We spend all year frantically wondering who will take home the award, who should have taken home the award the year before, who will make a fool of themselves on the red carpet or on stage...it's just the best night of the year.
And so we here at E! News want to help make the best night even better. And what better way to do that than to add alcohol?
That's right, grab your favorite brewski, uncork your best wine, and gather up all of your most dangerous bottles of hard alcohol, because with our ultimate 2014 Emmys drinking game, we're drinking to get absolutely wastey-pants drunk!
Hey, if the stars are doing it, why shouldn't we?
Obey all of our rules (No cheating! No skipping!) during the 66th Annual Primetime Emmy Awards, and we guarantee to get you lampshade-on-your-head, forgot-your-own-name drunk by the very first acceptance speech. We're sorry—and you're welcome. **We're not responsible for you missing work on Tuesday**
RED CARPET RULES:
• Drink a sip of ice-cold beer whenever someone mentions the Ice Bucket Challenge
• Chug a full ice-cold beer whenever someone actually does the Ice Bucket Challenge
• Take a sip of wine anytime someone uses the red carpet mani-cam incorrectly
• Chug your glass of wine victoriously anytime someone uses the red carpet mani-cam correctly
• Take a hearty gulp of beer anytime an interview becomes awkward
• Chug a bomb (Irish car bomb, jagerbomb, saki bomb, dealer's choice!) whenever someone photobombs or interview-bombs someone else
AWARDS SHOW RULES:
• Take a shot whenever host Seth Meyers looks nervous or like he's about to throw up (give him liquid courage vicariously!)
• Drink when Fred Armisen appears in some kind of sketch or bit
• Chug a full beer whenever someone's acceptance speech is so bleeped out you have no idea what they're trying to say
• When/If Modern Family wins its fifth Emmy in a row, throw your bottle at the screen
• Every time someone from Fargo wins, take a sip from your brewski and scream, "You're darn tootin'!"
• Take a shot anytime someone falls on their way to the stage
• Take a sip of beer whenever someone's "losing face" is so fake that you laugh
• Take a hearty gulp of wine anytime someone loses that should have won
• Take a shot whenever someone wins that totally deserves it!
• Every time Julia Roberts loses to Fargo's Allison Tolman, chug a glass of fine champagne in the bath while declaring "Big mistake. Huge." (Even though we don't think it is.)
• When Frances Conroy loses in the Outstanding Supporting Actress in a Miniseries/TV Movie category (sorry, we love Myrtle Snow as much as you, but she's probably not going to win), take a shot of Fireball whisky and scream "BALENCIAGA!" at the top of your lungs
• Whenever The Good Wife's tragic death is shown, cry 1,000 tears and then have a few sips for Alicia (red wine for Alicia) and Will (your choice of brown liquor)
• Every time someone from Orange Is the New Black wins, drink some homemade toilet hooch
Good luck, and get drinking! As always, drink responsbily.
Tune in to E! Online's Emmys Red Carpet Livestream tonight at 5:55 p.m. ET/2:55 p.m. PT and E!'s Live From the Red Carpet show at 6 p.m. ET/3 p.m. PT